buzzer beater

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Florida

2. Texas

3. Bama

4. USC (their name and Pete Carroll/recruiting will get them ranked high if nothing else)

5. Oklahoma

My sleepers are.......

Ohio State, (imo maybe one year away but still will be there by seasons end ranked pretty high)

Ole Miss, (Could very well be the sleeper team in the SEC and the nation this season)

LSU, (with the way that they can recruit, Les Miles is imo always a threat)

I also believe that Georgia is possibly a year or two away, they have alot coming back but have to replace Moreno and Stafford and are in the same SEC division with Florida..

This is a "pre season" question/ranking, not how they will end up. I believe that alot of the pre season rankings go on how the teams finished last year, that imo will get OU ranked high in pre season.. Florida imo will have as good and better shot at another national title as anyone. I believe the SEC teams will beat each other up through the season (as usual) as will the Big 12 teams. USC imo will have another cakewalk in the Pac10 and Penn State/Ohio State imo will battle it out for the Big10 title.

and finally.........GO Buckeyes!!!!!

Oklahoma, IMO, seems to be extremely overrated. They lost alot this past season including almost their whole offensive line. They will be good!..... just not top 5 IMO...

The line is a concern as Stoops has said numerous times this off-season. I think they will be fine, the Sooners recruit very well. Their defense will be much improved, and I don't think that anyone has a good of an offensive quartet as Oklahoma does. They'll be fine, possibly looking at a rematch with UF.

1. Florida

2. Texas

3. Bama

4. USC (their name and Pete Carroll/recruiting will get them ranked high if nothing else)

5. Oklahoma

My sleepers are.......

Ohio State, (imo maybe one year away but still will be there by seasons end ranked pretty high)

Ole Miss, (Could very well be the sleeper team in the SEC and the nation this season)

LSU, (with the way that they can recruit, Les Miles is imo always a threat)

I also believe that Georgia is possibly a year or two away, they have alot coming back but have to replace Moreno and Stafford and are in the same SEC division with Florida..

This is a "pre season" question/ranking, not how they will end up. I believe that alot of the pre season rankings go on how the teams finished last year, that imo will get OU ranked high in pre season.. Florida imo will have as good and better shot at another national title as anyone. I believe the SEC teams will beat each other up through the season (as usual) as will the Big 12 teams. USC imo will have another cakewalk in the Pac10 and Penn State/Ohio State imo will battle it out for the Big10 title.

and finally.........GO Buckeyes!!!!!

Georgia won't be as bad as people think. Trust me, Caleb King is going to be a player for them! I don't think they are a top 4 SEC team, but you never know.

BTW, I don't think you can say USC has a cakewalk conference if you don't say the Big 10 does. I think the Pac-10 is alot deeper and there are 3 or 4 teams in it that COULD potentially beat Penn State or Ohio State. For instance, I think Oregon this season could end up being better than either, record may not show it because they do play a tough OOC schedule and USC, but they will be good.

Well, not arguing but barring some kind of trouble, Darryl Clark is back for Penn State at QB. I still think OSU will be better than PSU, but their recruiting class is really overrated. It is number one on scout because of how many players they brought in, not the quality. Alot of the players are a really over valued. Take RB Jamal Berry for example. I don't know how he made the UA All-America game, there really are alot better RB prospects out there. I know he's listed at like a 4.4 40 yd. dash but he doesn't play that fast. Trust me, he's from Florida, and there is a reason he isn't at UF, FSU or Miami, they didn't want him. He was recruited by FSU and UF, but not hard. All of the Florida Big 3 decided they would rather battle it out for the 2010 studs in Florida such as Eduardo Clements, Jahkiri Gore and a boat load of others. Home town UMiami didn't even offer or come close to offering and they are no where set at RB. You slap a OSU (or many other schools) scholarship on a player and then watch him shoot up the recruiting boards. Duron Carter is very overrated IMO, I think he would benefit being moved to TE (6-3, 4.66) if he would put on weight. I will say this though, Marcus Hall is a beast, he will be a major player.

And for OSU to become a true top 5 team Pryor has to become a passer. He isn't there yet as Texas, Penn State, and USC proved. You can light up Purdue and Northwestern all day, but really elite teams make you be accurate. Pryor is a special athlete, but in the bowl game he struggled to complete screen passes. I think Ohio State will have a good season, but their top 5 dreams will end after USC comes to town. USC is reloading and will be young, but the Bucks and the rest of the Big 10 has proven they don't have the speed to play with the elite teams in the country.

My mistake, I thought Clark had left. Clark is a big difference maker for PSU, but I still think they have lost to much for even him to save them. I think PSU will be the 2nd, or 3rd best team in the conference, but I believe OSU will have a solid year with at least 10 or 11 regular season wins.

IMO the recruiting class is very, very solid from top to bottom.

Dorian Bell and Corey Brown could be studs right away after what OSU lost at their positions.

I don't think Berry is overrated really, over 1,000 yards and 14 TD's in 10 games is pretty impressive as a junior. He will be a nice backup back for the Bucks. Also he was offered by Florida, Ole Miss, Florida State, Clemson, and West Virginia.

Duron isn't a big time WR prospect IMO, but he can fit in well with the Buckeye offense. I believe he can produce good numbers as a true freshman, and only get better. He was also offered by Auburn and West Virginia, and looked at by UF.

Guys like Cris Fields, a solid WR who could be a sleeper in the class, James Jackson, a very good athlete who can run it and catch it, Storm Klein, a very underrated linebacker recruit IMO can really play and ran for 1,800 yards and 28 TD's in 2006, and Zach Boren, a good athlete who could play multiple spots. Those guys can come in and help and produce as freshman and only grow and get better and better.

The class might not be the best in the country, but Tress got his moneys worth and brought in a lot of young guys who will all do their part in helping the Buckeyes get back to a national title.

1. Florida

2.Texas

3. Oklahoma

4. Ole Miss

5. Alabama

USC- until they prove to me they can go undefeated in the Pac 10 I won't put them in my top 5 again.

Penn State- Has some potential but they play in the Big 10

Ohio State- If there ever was a football team overrated year in and year out it's Ohio State.

Please. Not many teams can complete a run like they have had over the past 4-5 years. Sure the blowout loss to UF looks horrible, the LSU loss, but they almost took down a Texas team who happened to beat Oklahoma a year ago, the only team to do so in the regular season. Surely enough if OSU had been to 5 straight title games and won 3 of them, the other 2 losses would result in them being overrated. I bet if they were in the SEC and they lost those title games and the one a year ago they wouldn't be close to overrated. :rolleyes:

It's going to be interesting to see if the true freshman QB at LSU starts. That kid is lightning quick! Okl St, Ole M are good sleeper teams. I really think if UK gets some offense they will be really good this year. Not saying top 5 but I do think they will be in the top 25 at least.

It's going to be interesting to see if the true freshman QB at LSU starts. That kid is lightning quick! Okl St, Ole M are good sleeper teams. I really think if UK gets some offense they will be really good this year. Not saying top 5 but I do think they will be in the top 25 at least.

Just don't see that happening. I see them going 5-7, 6-6 at best.

My mistake, I thought Clark had left. Clark is a big difference maker for PSU, but I still think they have lost to much for even him to save them. I think PSU will be the 2nd, or 3rd best team in the conference, but I believe OSU will have a solid year with at least 10 or 11 regular season wins.

IMO the recruiting class is very, very solid from top to bottom.

Dorian Bell and Corey Brown could be studs right away after what OSU lost at their positions.

I don't think Berry is overrated really, over 1,000 yards and 14 TD's in 10 games is pretty impressive as a junior. He will be a nice backup back for the Bucks. Also he was offered by Florida, Ole Miss, Florida State, Clemson, and West Virginia.

Duron isn't a big time WR prospect IMO, but he can fit in well with the Buckeye offense. I believe he can produce good numbers as a true freshman, and only get better. He was also offered by Auburn and West Virginia, and looked at by UF.

Guys like Cris Fields, a solid WR who could be a sleeper in the class, James Jackson, a very good athlete who can run it and catch it, Storm Klein, a very underrated linebacker recruit IMO can really play and ran for 1,800 yards and 28 TD's in 2006, and Zach Boren, a good athlete who could play multiple spots. Those guys can come in and help and produce as freshman and only grow and get better and better.

The class might not be the best in the country, but Tress got his moneys worth and brought in a lot of young guys who will all do their part in helping the Buckeyes get back to a national title.

Please. Not many teams can complete a run like they have had over the past 4-5 years. Sure the blowout loss to UF looks horrible, the LSU loss, but they almost took down a Texas team who happened to beat Oklahoma a year ago, the only team to do so in the regular season. Surely enough if OSU had been to 5 straight title games and won 3 of them, the other 2 losses would result in them being overrated. I bet if they were in the SEC and they lost those title games and the one a year ago they wouldn't be close to overrated. :rolleyes:

No doubt Carter was recruited by those schools. He was OSU all the way, look at where his dad went to school. Still overated. Just wait. JMO

Berry is overrated, just wait. He may do well in the Big 10. But he won't against USC or the SEC, or Texas or Oklahoma. Trust me on that. Like I said, there is a reason he isn't at UF, FSU, or Miami.

Texas is the slowest of the Elite teams. UF, Oklahoma, LSU, and others would embarrass OSU speed wise. Look, USC did and will next year. I don't care where they recruiting class was rated, look at how high Notre Dame's has been. Where has it got them? OSU is a good team but can't beat the heavy weights. And won't. Texas was as good as they can hope for. They don't have the speed. JMO, but the record shows. LSU and UF embarrased them, 02 UM would have 9 out of 10 times.

Guys, as you may or may not have read, CatsCatsCats and myself have been working on a pre-season College Football Preview. We got the OK from the Guru and should have everything together and organized no later than Wednesday. We will be doing a Top 25 to start with, and will release it over 5 installments: 25-21, 20-16,15-11, 10-6, 5-1. Then we will be putting together a list of who we think wins the 6 major BCS conferences, who gets the ten slots in the BCS games and who wins those games. We will also be putting together our own All-America Team and our top 10 Heisman Candidates.

Triple Cats and I are huge College Football junkies, we spent a day driving to South Bend Indiana from Cincinnati-a testament to our love for college football in itself if you've ever made that drive-to see the College Football Hall of Fame, Notre Dame's Campus including the Golden Dome and Touchdown Jesus. We drove from Cincinnati to watch the Miami/Florida game in September, made the 16 hour drive to Jacksonville to watch the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in November, the 22 hour drive to Miami to watch Miami and Florida State and then again we drove to Miami to watch the National Championship game. If you did not already know, Cats is a huge Miami football fan and I am a huge Florida fan-hence my name BigSpikes-we decided to avoid personal bias and Cats covered the SEC and Pac-10, my two favorite conferences and I did the ACC and Big 12, his two favorite conferences. So when reading these, just know that they were all done from a non-bias point of view and it has taken us almost three weeks of thorough researching and fact checking to put this together. If it goes over well on this site, we plan of starting our own blog on everything Sports. So hopefully you all read it and receive it well.

Thanks

BigSpikes

Guys, as you may or may not have read, CatsCatsCats and myself have been working on a pre-season College Football Preview. We got the OK from the Guru and should have everything together and organized no later than Wednesday. We will be doing a Top 25 to start with, and will release it over 5 installments: 25-21, 20-16,15-11, 10-6, 5-1. Then we will be putting together a list of who we think wins the 6 major BCS conferences, who gets the ten slots in the BCS games and who wins those games. We will also be putting together our own All-America Team and our top 10 Heisman Candidates.

Triple Cats and I are huge College Football junkies, we spent a day driving to South Bend Indiana from Cincinnati-a testament to our love for college football in itself if you've ever made that drive-to see the College Football Hall of Fame, Notre Dame's Campus including the Golden Dome and Touchdown Jesus. We drove from Cincinnati to watch the Miami/Florida game in September, made the 16 hour drive to Jacksonville to watch the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in November, the 22 hour drive to Miami to watch Miami and Florida State and then again we drove to Miami to watch the National Championship game. If you did not already know, Cats is a huge Miami football fan and I am a huge Florida fan-hence my name BigSpikes-we decided to avoid personal bias and Cats covered the SEC and Pac-10, my two favorite conferences and I did the ACC and Big 12, his two favorite conferences. So when reading these, just know that they were all done from a non-bias point of view and it has taken us almost three weeks of thorough researching and fact checking to put this together. If it goes over well on this site, we plan of starting our own blog on everything Sports. So hopefully you all read it and receive it well.

Thanks

BigSpikes

We actually flew to that one.:D We'll just say this, we have our connections football wise.

Yeah it should be up in the next day or so. I think we may have a few angry fans......:D

Edited by CatsCatsCats