Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue

Featured Replies

Its a shame is what it is because Mike Swauger was a coach there for over 20 yrs and now they cant even keep anyone longer than 2 yrs it seems.

 

I think the administration is really doing a good job or trying to instill pride in their sports programs but the basketball program seems to be struggling severely with turnover at the coaching position.

 

If you look at the football program with what Eckstein has done during his tenure and what Sanders has done with the Baseball program they should really be proud. The basketball program seems to be really suffering. I hope they can get it turned around.

 

Really? That may be with the football and baseball programs.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any particular reason you care to share? For instance, didnt get along with administration, parents, kids?

 

If anything, a few parents. Not really sure. That seems to be the way things go in some small schools--well, I guess some big ones too.

Look it is common knowledge that the football program gets 100% of the principal's support.....everything else is an inconvenience. Lets see he has run off Minor, Wolfzorn, Vories, and Herald. With Minor and Wolfzorn being great coaches....................He allows parents to rule the basketball program and that is unfortunately the downfall and doubtful if it will change.

If my math is right, the next coach will be the sixth in eight seasons.

Look it is common knowledge that the football program gets 100% of the principal's support.....everything else is an inconvenience. Lets see he has run off Minor, Wolfzorn, Vories, and Herald. With Minor and Wolfzorn being great coaches....................He allows parents to rule the basketball program and that is unfortunately the downfall and doubtful if it will change.

 

Im not sure I agree with you at all here. Minor was job hopping like Listerman. Wolfzorn apparently didnt WOW anyone during his one year tenure and they probably decided to go with a more proven candidate when they hired Kent Vories. I dont know the particulars on why he left nor do I know why Herald, another proven coach was given his release.

If my math is right, the next coach will be the sixth in eight seasons.

 

Which IMO is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

It is embarrassing and according to the coaches were told they were coming back in the case of Minor and Wolfzorn and then let go. Obviously I am not privy to why this happened but when you are told one thing and the opposite happens and then coaches continue to leave and/or are being released there has to be a higher issue.

 

Wolfzorn Minor and Listerman all had very successful seasons.

Minor/Listerman left on his own to a bigger program

 

Wolfzorn was let go due to personnel issues (his teaching duties weren't fulfilled)

 

Vories left to go to his alma mater

 

Herald...this one I am unsure of

 

But as you can see the administration isn't running them off. The previous coaches have left for other reasons. I hope this time the interview process is more detailed and thorough, which I am sure it will be.

I cannot agree with Minor as I know for a fact straight from him that he was promised a job as a teacher and it was not delivered.....then was told no coaching job. I did not know that about Wolfzorn so that could very well be true.

Who are the Tigers looking at? Any body on staff ready for the boys head coaches job?

Look it is common knowledge that the football program gets 100% of the principal's support.....everything else is an inconvenience. Lets see he has run off Minor, Wolfzorn, Vories, and Herald. With Minor and Wolfzorn being great coaches....................He allows parents to rule the basketball program and that is unfortunately the downfall and doubtful if it will change.

 

Whenever any administration lets the parents get involved you are going to have problems. It happens quite frequently a a number of schools. When is a school going to step up and say the coach runs the program so I don't want to hear about it. Parents will NEVER be satisfied, so changing coaches isn't the answer, anywhere.

Great comments CD! That is exactly why these programs that allow this can never be successful. YOu must get some sort of consistency and buy in from players. This cannot happen with 6 coaches in 8 years.

Listerman was clearly job-hopping. Vories had a job come up at his alma mater. Other than that, I think it clearly IS the running off successful coaches by the parents and/or the administration--CD hit the nail on the head. Minor was successful but if I remember correctly hadn't been cleared to teach in KY (he found the Finneytown job AFTER he was released). Wolfzorn was successful, released as teacher, but still told he'd be coach. Herald is not in the building but given the circumstances of last season I'd see no reason to not give him a full year to work with the kids. In their situation, I don't think you run a coach off just because they're not in the building. Bottom line, given the turnover and troubles they have had hiring/firing coaches, you would think they'd hang on to one who is doing a good job--especially when you don't have a plan for the next one and there are not going to be any positions in the school to fill it with.

JBCousins is 100% on the mark. If certain administrators would keep their word instead of reneging on deals either Minor or Wolfzorn would still be the head coach.

  • Author

Has Wolfzorn landed anywhere else? Where are all of these former coaches now?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.