Bellevue

Its a shame is what it is because Mike Swauger was a coach there for over 20 yrs and now they cant even keep anyone longer than 2 yrs it seems.

I think the administration is really doing a good job or trying to instill pride in their sports programs but the basketball program seems to be struggling severely with turnover at the coaching position.

If you look at the football program with what Eckstein has done during his tenure and what Sanders has done with the Baseball program they should really be proud. The basketball program seems to be really suffering. I hope they can get it turned around.

Really? That may be with the football and baseball programs.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any particular reason you care to share? For instance, didnt get along with administration, parents, kids?

If anything, a few parents. Not really sure. That seems to be the way things go in some small schools--well, I guess some big ones too.

Look it is common knowledge that the football program gets 100% of the principal's support.....everything else is an inconvenience. Lets see he has run off Minor, Wolfzorn, Vories, and Herald. With Minor and Wolfzorn being great coaches....................He allows parents to rule the basketball program and that is unfortunately the downfall and doubtful if it will change.

Look it is common knowledge that the football program gets 100% of the principal's support.....everything else is an inconvenience. Lets see he has run off Minor, Wolfzorn, Vories, and Herald. With Minor and Wolfzorn being great coaches....................He allows parents to rule the basketball program and that is unfortunately the downfall and doubtful if it will change.

Im not sure I agree with you at all here. Minor was job hopping like Listerman. Wolfzorn apparently didnt WOW anyone during his one year tenure and they probably decided to go with a more proven candidate when they hired Kent Vories. I dont know the particulars on why he left nor do I know why Herald, another proven coach was given his release.

It is embarrassing and according to the coaches were told they were coming back in the case of Minor and Wolfzorn and then let go. Obviously I am not privy to why this happened but when you are told one thing and the opposite happens and then coaches continue to leave and/or are being released there has to be a higher issue.

Wolfzorn Minor and Listerman all had very successful seasons.

Minor/Listerman left on his own to a bigger program

Wolfzorn was let go due to personnel issues (his teaching duties weren't fulfilled)

Vories left to go to his alma mater

Herald...this one I am unsure of

But as you can see the administration isn't running them off. The previous coaches have left for other reasons. I hope this time the interview process is more detailed and thorough, which I am sure it will be.

Whenever any administration lets the parents get involved you are going to have problems. It happens quite frequently a a number of schools. When is a school going to step up and say the coach runs the program so I don't want to hear about it. Parents will NEVER be satisfied, so changing coaches isn't the answer, anywhere.

Listerman was clearly job-hopping. Vories had a job come up at his alma mater. Other than that, I think it clearly IS the running off successful coaches by the parents and/or the administration--CD hit the nail on the head. Minor was successful but if I remember correctly hadn't been cleared to teach in KY (he found the Finneytown job AFTER he was released). Wolfzorn was successful, released as teacher, but still told he'd be coach. Herald is not in the building but given the circumstances of last season I'd see no reason to not give him a full year to work with the kids. In their situation, I don't think you run a coach off just because they're not in the building. Bottom line, given the turnover and troubles they have had hiring/firing coaches, you would think they'd hang on to one who is doing a good job--especially when you don't have a plan for the next one and there are not going to be any positions in the school to fill it with.