Bellevue

Look I personally like Nick Wilson. So I do not want to get into a lengthy Nick Wilson bashing session. I just do not agree with him as a person who can run a major program and I have issues with his classroom work. However........that goes back to the administration allowing things to happen that should not. He is a young teacher and coach who has the potential to be good at both.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KyTiger threw the name out there so I was suggesting moving Tommy Sorrell over from the girls. I think Nick helped with basketball this year also on Mike Herald's staff. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

I dont remember seeing him?

:idunno:

Well......for starters I thought it was pretty clear but since you insist if you discuss him with any people in the Bellevue school system you hear nice guy can't control students very well in classroom. I know students who have gone through his class say the same thing. I have seen him in action and his basketball coaching skills are limited at best.

Where have you seen him in action? I also know the guy and he has never coached basketball:confused:

Maybe I should have added a comma or split the sentence. I have seen him coach track (poorly), football (more of a cheerleader than a coach).........and I have not seen him coach basketball which leads to the comment his skills would be limited at best.

Even if he had great basketball knowledge witnessing him coach other sports shows he is not ready to be a head coach in a major sport. Also speaking with students and school administrators I have a real good idea how his classroom runs..........

Where have you seen him in action? I also know the guy and he has never coached basketball:confused:

I thought he was the JV coach last year. But your quote simply confirms the idea that he would not be a good choice. According to you, he has never coached basketball before.

I was nosing around the bellevue page a looked at the SBDM Minutes. The freshman coach was named Caleb Finch and he resigned.

Why am I so sure that Nick was the JV Coach? Was he supposed to be and then was not?

Directly from BHS' Board Meeting in Aug. of 2008

"The Board acknowledged the Superintendent’s appointments and acceptance of resignations of personnel for the month of August 2008.

a. Appointments: William Skuban – Golf Coach Bellevue High

Tommy Sorrell – Head Girls’ Basketball Coach Bellevue High

Mike Herald – Head Boys’ Basketball Coach Bellevue High

Nick Wilson – Assistant Varsity Boys’ Basketball Coach Bellevue High"

I would think that Nick Wilson will be the next coach, only fitting. As a Bellevue supporter I am hoping that their basketball team will catch up with their football team.

There is talent to work with, Mikey & Hunter are two nice big men to be competitive in their conference.

Definetly guard play will be a question mark. Barrett will be hard to replace, not a great player but he played 32 minutes all year and handled the ball above average for the Tigers.

Herald did teach at a different school, wonder if that had anything to do with the new coaching search?

I think Nick Wilson would be good, but I believe that the new coach will be the guy at Villa, I dont konw if it is an assistant or head coach there but I know one of them was very interested last year and the time before that. I believe it is the assistant at Villa.