Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue

Featured Replies

My source... is me., apparently it was recently that they started interviewing. I have no idea who is getting interviewed.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they received applicants from a couple of assistant coaches from the 8th region and from Coach Menifee and of course the usual cast of suspects who apply every year the job opens (Wilson, Nelson, Slater, etc). Of that group Slater is the only one with any coaching experience and any ability to handle a head coaches position.

 

As far as a strong head coaching candidate I have not seen or heard it from anyone. The other name I have not heard is the girls coach Tommy Sorrell who I would think would be a real viable choice.

They must have given a reason. They would not have said that the parents are complaining too much.

 

I am sure that there was a lot more to it than just a few parents, I don't know any specifics but that is crazy to think that a few complaints would get him fired. I just some people on here have a grudge or bad feelings toward Bellevue's administration and/or a specific person on the administration.

 

Of course they aren't going to say "parents complained too much" was the reason but isn't that the reason in many cases? What's so surprising about that? Especially in this case. I can PM you if you want but there isn't much more to it than that.

I may not know who JBCousins is but he is 100% on the button and it is pretty common knowledge what is going on in Bellevue. And as far as parents complaining too much? That carries a lot of weight in our community.......more so than it should. But unfortunately we have administrators who listen to the same people over and over again and they know they can influence decisions made.

Edited by Ram

I know they received applicants from a couple of assistant coaches from the 8th region and from Coach Menifee and of course the usual cast of suspects who apply every year the job opens (Wilson, Nelson, Slater, etc). Of that group Slater is the only one with any coaching experience and any ability to handle a head coaches position.

 

As far as a strong head coaching candidate I have not seen or heard it from anyone. The other name I have not heard is the girls coach Tommy Sorrell who I would think would be a real viable choice.

 

Have you heard any names of the people applying from the 8th?

  • Author
They are no longer taking applicants. Currently, they are in the interviewing process.

 

I do not believe that this is true?

 

Who are Slater and Nelson?

Dave Slater is a long time assistant coach freshman coach and middle school basketball coach in the Bellevue system. He also has been an assistant track coach. He is a Bellevue guy through and through and would do the job for years to come. Just does not have a lot of varsity experience.

 

Eddie Nelson used to be the 8th grade boys coach and was let go several years ago for having zero basketball knowledge. He is always wanting to move up.

Dave Slater is a long time assistant coach freshman coach and middle school basketball coach in the Bellevue system. He also has been an assistant track coach. He is a Bellevue guy through and through and would do the job for years to come. Just does not have a lot of varsity experience.

 

Eddie Nelson used to be the 8th grade boys coach and was let go several years ago for having zero basketball knowledge. He is always wanting to move up.

 

Sorry guys, but I just don't think Dave or Eddie are ready for the Varsity job. To be honest, I don't know if they will ever be ready for a Varsity job. Dave would be a great assistant coach in the program, or even a good freshman coach, but Varsity Head Coach is a different kind of beast. Not trying to ruffle feathers here.

I do not believe that this is true?

 

Who are Slater and Nelson?

 

Well, you can always call the school AD and ask...

I am hearing former Grant County assistant Josh Grooms is in the running for the Bellevue job. He played at Bellevue in the 90's before moving to Ohio. I heard he still has some contacts in that area.

Buttels that might not be the case.............Lots going on in B-town (as usual administration doings that mess with people's lives)

Does anyone know if someone got the job yet and if so who is it?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.