Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue

Featured Replies

I would like to see them get somebody in place early. The last few times the basketball program lagged any decent summer workouts due to not getting a coach named. I know football is king at Bellevue but the basketball program needs a lot of work.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise all of you that Nick Wilson was not the assistant last year. None of the 3 coaches for the boys (Varsity, JV, Freshman) worked as a teacher in the school. They were all hired outside. As for the previous poster who seems to really have something against Wilson, I think Wilson could be an excellent asset to this program. As I said before, they need someone from Bellevue, who is young, that will stay put for a while. Wilson fits the bill. JMO

If he has 0 basketball coaching experience and had trouble running the track program with few athletes why would he make a good basketball head coach? That is not saying that I have something against Nick Wilson it says he (in my opinion) would not be a good head basketball coach. Being from Bellevue and young does not make you a good basketball coach.....otherwise just go to a corner and grab any 24 year old that comes by and ask them if they are a Bellevue resident and there age.

What does Bellevue return for next year?

I believe a name from minor and listermans staff JV coach that is very interested in the job is Coach Frakes. I think he left for a better position in ohio. Not sure what he is doing now, but in my opinion would be someone loyal to the Tiger program, enjoyed his time there.

I have one better then all above and I think he lives in Bellevue Terry Butler if you could get him you could be on to something , Just IMO....

Not to get off topic, but how was Wilson so poor at track coach (just curious). Plus if I am not mistaken every year he coached track his throwers were consistently in the top 3 at state with at least one or two winning the whole thing, you can check the standings. Sounds impressive!

 

I do agree that they need to get the job filled by the end of the school year if not before that. I am sure that the administration knows that they really need to find a guy that can stay and build up the program, etc.

Dude suffice it to say that you continue to ask and I could provide public answers. Anybody involved in the track program at that time knows why he was a head coach for only one year. Do you really want me to post why he was only a head coach for one year? I do not think that would be a good thing to do. So........just to keep things in perspective and the fact that having him as a head basketball coach would not be a good thing I will leave it to he was a head coach for one year and was no longer the head coach the next.

Well, I am going to put my two words in and make it simple. If Wilson was to get the job I think he would do great. He DOES care about the kids ALOT and if you know him you couldn't agree more with me on that subject. He would also be a guy that would stay around for a while to build a program.

 

With that being said I do hope they find their man in this coaching position and get someone who will stay around for a while.

Well, I am going to put my two words in and make it simple. If Wilson was to get the job I think he would do great. He DOES care about the kids ALOT and if you know him you couldn't agree more with me on that subject. He would also be a guy that would stay around for a while to build a program.

 

With that being said I do hope they find their man in this coaching position and get someone who will stay around for a while.

 

:thumb:

He does care about kids and is a nice guy. I can agree with that 100%

He does care about kids and is a nice guy. I can agree with that 100%

 

Goaheadandjump - It's obvious by your post that you believe you have some first hand knowlege of working directly with Nick Wilson. IMO it is very unprofessional to use this knowlege in this manner. Hopefully you are no longer a part of this district. I don't believe you do care about whats best for studets in this district but have some past issue with Nick. Leave it in the past.

I agree with you on one thing and that is the Bellevue's Boys Basketball Program is in need of pick me up. There is great tradition in Bellevue Basketball and it needs to come back. Change is never easy. If Nick applies for the position and is found to be the best candidate then he deserves the support. Let's stop the name calling.

I am going to stop posting in this thread because this thread is now only going to get worse and I have no intentions on going down that road.

 

Plain and simple, Bellevue needs to get a coach and soon.

GA I agree. I just want to see a quality head coach come in and run the program. Bellevue kids deserve to have a quality head coach....that is why I was pushing Tommy Sorrell.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.