Western KY 76 Illinios 72

big royal daddy

Whatever! I like Western and usually cheer for them. But you guys are just Big Ten haters and it doesn't matter.

22 freethrows to 7

12 fouls to 24

Never in the bonus in either half

If it was your team on the other end you would feel the same way.

I watched the game with Western fans who were glad to get the win, but were honest enough to think the officiating went Western way.

Coming into this game wasnt Illinois like in the bottom 5 in the nation on free throw attempts, they never go to the line. By the way the call on the sideline absouletly terrible call and you know that. GO TOPS!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To say Illinois got screwed by the refs is insane. Other than Meachem, no one else could hit a shot the whole game until the end. THATS what screwed Illinois. Western just flat out balled on them. Go Toppers! :dancingpa

BTW, no one hates the Big 10 in Basketball... They actually have to earn a championship game in Basketball. Not just luck up and be placed into one...

Whatever! I like Western and usually cheer for them. But you guys are just Big Ten haters and it doesn't matter.

22 freethrows to 7

12 fouls to 24

Never in the bonus in either half

If it was your team on the other end you would feel the same way.

I watched the game with Western fans who were glad to get the win, but were honest enough to think the officiating went Western way.

Only having 24 fouls called on a team should not be much of a shock when trailing by double digits late in the second half. 22 FT attempts is nothing spectacular. When you sit back and take jumpers all game instead of feeding the post, not a lot of fouls are going to be called. WKU brought twice the intensity as Illinois for 35 minutes of the game, that is why they won and got to the FT line.

It's amazing how many people truly expected this win. It was like it wasn't even a big deal for WKU. Shows how they're gaining respect from people.

I honestly would have been more shocked if Illinois had won the game. Not necessarily because WKU is that great, but without Chester Frazier for Illinois (led them in assists and steals), they had little chance for success in the tournament.

I picked this one. I got to coach against Slaughter when he was young. It's great seeing him in the big show! The out of bounds call was the worst I've seen this year. The Ill player knocked it out of bounds, his teammate caught it of the bounce out of bounds and they still missed it!

It's amazing how many people truly expected this win. It was like it wasn't even a big deal for WKU. Shows how they're gaining respect from people.

Not only for the reason you gave, but I think the majority of my friends who filled out brackets all went with WKU in this one. I did it for my personal reasons with ties to one of the players, but still.

Does anyone wish that UK had Slaughter and Pettigrew? How many lightning-quick drives did Slaughter have? Pettigrew can go down low or shoot from outside. Great backyard recruits by WKU.

That was one of my biggest disappointments with Tubby because He would not give Pettigrew a Scholarship...I read to many good things about this kid coming out of High School...Meeks and Slaughter in the back court together...Thats a Scary thought for the other team...:thumb:

Guest Bluto
Only having 24 fouls called on a team should not be much of a shock when trailing by double digits late in the second half. 22 FT attempts is nothing spectacular. When you sit back and take jumpers all game instead of feeding the post, not a lot of fouls are going to be called. WKU brought twice the intensity as Illinois for 35 minutes of the game, that is why they won and got to the FT line.

Excellent observations. :thumb: