Spring Turkey Season

BigBlueFreak

Coop. The deck would be like the ultimate treestand as you mentioned but most do not hunt turkey from a treestand. I would suggest that if you allow your son to hunt there are a couple of questions that you think about....

1. Is he familiar with the weapon he will use and does he understand the importance of gun safety.

2. Do you know and understand all the game laws that are in place during turkey season.

3. Am I teaching him the ethical and proper way to become a hunter.

I personally would not allow him to hunt from the deck. I'm not telling you what you should or should not do but it is in my opinion not the proper way to teach him about the great sport of turkey hunting or the values and responsibilities that come with being a hunter.

The most important thing to remember is that this will be your sons first hunt so it is very important to make it one he will remember for a lifetime. To me the killing of a turkey is not the most important factor. Some of my most memorable hunts are ones where I didn't see or hear a turkey. If done the right way, spending time in God's great outdoors and sharing a hunt with family and friends will be something you and your son can remember for a lifetime.

Whatever you decide to do. remember to hunt safely and follow all game laws.

If you have any question just PM me and I will be more than glad to try and answer them if I can.:thumb:

Hunt Safe!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coop. The deck would be like the ultimate treestand as you mentioned but most do not hunt turkey from a treestand. I would suggest that if you allow your son to hunt there are a couple of questions that you think about....

1. Is he familiar with the weapon he will use and does he understand the importance of gun safety.

2. Do you know and understand all the game laws that are in place during turkey season.

3. Am I teaching him the ethical and proper way to become a hunter.

I personally would not allow him to hunt from the deck. I'm not telling you what you should or should not do but it is in my opinion not the proper way to teach him about the great sport of turkey hunting or the values and responsibilities that come with being a hunter.

The most important thing to remember is that this will be your sons first hunt so it is very important to make it one he will remember for a lifetime. To me the killing of a turkey is not the most important factor. Some of my most memorable hunts are ones where I didn't see or hear a turkey. If done the right way, spending time in God's great outdoors and sharing a hunt with family and friends will be something you and your son can remember for a lifetime.

Whatever you decide to do. remember to hunt safely and follow all game laws.

If you have any question just PM me and I will be more than glad to try and answer them if I can.:thumb:

Hunt Safe!!!

Thanks much!!! :thumb: