Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EKC Meeting

Featured Replies

If Bath and Elliott make it to the region the Wildcats better hope they don't meet the Lions. Talk about a whipping.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the purpose of EKC?

  • Author
What is the purpose of EKC?

 

See post #29.

What is the purpose of EKC?

 

See post #29 If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

This EKC or Gary Kidwell Invitational, whatever you want to call it is a big joke. Oh and Bath County, Elliott County, and Raceland dropped out from what I hear from some 16th region coaches. And I know 100% that Bath wanted to play Elliott but Elliott didn't want to schedule the game because it conflicted with the All A State Championship game which they didn't get to anyway. West Carter game was canceled due to WEATHER and the Fleming County game too but neither were rescheduled because of both sides not being able too, Fleming County and West Carter didn't play either and that game wasn't rescheduled. Bath County was the only team in the EKC that had weather game cancelations counted agains't them as losses. I'm not even from down in Bath County, I'm from NE Kentucky and I just think everything should be handled fairly. To say Bath didn't want to play some of the top teams in the region is crazy and I know this 100%, because I know of two people at the EKC meeting that flat out lied about the scheduling conflict with Elliott, I'm not going to mention their names but they know who they are. I'll say one sat on this so called committee they have.

 

So they wanted to schedule Elliott on a Sunday?? Makes perfect sense, there are a lot of games scheduled on Sunday. WOW!!! Did you honestly think that even sounded correct??:idunno:

As a West Carter graduate ('94), and an Elliott fan of 10 years, I must say that I will miss my school being a part of the EKC. I've enjoyed the competition, tradition, and excellence of the conference over the years. I am confident the EKC will continue to spotlight the hard working student athletes of the member schools.

As a West Carter graduate ('94), and an Elliott fan of 10 years, I must say that I will miss my school being a part of the EKC. I've enjoyed the competition, tradition, and excellence of the conference over the years. I am confident the EKC will continue to spotlight the hard working student athletes of the member schools.

 

Thank you for the kind words and YES, we will continue to spotlight hard working student athletes of our member schools. It is what I think we do best!

I would like to hear the argument from Bath County on how they deserved the championship with one loss versus Elliot County with no losses?

I don't know about all the sheduling conflicts except that certain coaches have a history of "working" their schedule to inflate their won-lost records

 

P.S. Someone please tell Mascott that while Elliot didn't make it to the finals of the All A, they did make it to the semifinals, which was played on the same day as the finals. I guess Elliot should have stopped by Bath County on the way home and played?:rolleyes:

I would like to hear the argument from Bath County on how they deserved the championship with one loss versus Elliot County with no losses?

I don't know about all the sheduling conflicts except that certain coaches have a history of "working" their schedule to inflate their won-lost records

 

P.S. Someone please tell Mascott that while Elliot didn't make it to the finals of the All A, they did make it to the semifinals, which was played on the same day as the finals. I guess Elliot should have stopped by Bath County on the way home and played?:rolleyes:

 

If they had, I would still take Elliott County by 30+:ylsuper:

This EKC or Gary Kidwell Invitational, whatever you want to call it is a big joke. Oh and Bath County, Elliott County, and Raceland dropped out from what I hear from some 16th region coaches. And I know 100% that Bath wanted to play Elliott but Elliott didn't want to schedule the game because it conflicted with the All A State Championship game which they didn't get to anyway. West Carter game was canceled due to WEATHER and the Fleming County game too but neither were rescheduled because of both sides not being able too, Fleming County and West Carter didn't play either and that game wasn't rescheduled. Bath County was the only team in the EKC that had weather game cancelations counted agains't them as losses. I'm not even from down in Bath County, I'm from NE Kentucky and I just think everything should be handled fairly. To say Bath didn't want to play some of the top teams in the region is crazy and I know this 100%, because I know of two people at the EKC meeting that flat out lied about the scheduling conflict with Elliott, I'm not going to mention their names but they know who they are. I'll say one sat on this so called committee they have.

Almost unfathomable to see someone have the temerity to question or bash the efforts of the Hall of Famer Gary Kidwell. This man has spent the majority of his professional career to giving back to kids and finding ways to promote kids. In no way would he try to pull some shenanigans, especially with the EKC.

Obviously, the people from Bath don't think it is a joke, because of how they are reacting to it. If it doesn't go there way, people want to take ball and go home. Quite obvious Elliott Co deserves the EKC hardware.

I would probably fight and scratch for the flip of a coin if I was afraid to play somebody!!!!!!!!!!:D

 

Nice.

You think the whole deal was to avoid EC, or do you think it was to do what was equitable for all parties involved considering there was nothing in the contract as to how to handle a three-way tie?

Almost unfathomable to see someone have the temerity to question or bash the efforts of the Hall of Famer Gary Kidwell. This man has spent the majority of his professional career to giving back to kids and finding ways to promote kids. In no way would he try to pull some shenanigans, especially with the EKC.

Obviously, the people from Bath don't think it is a joke, because of how they are reacting to it. If it doesn't go there way, people want to take ball and go home. Quite obvious Elliott Co deserves the EKC hardware.

 

AMEN!!:thumb:

Gary Kidwell is top of the line and asset to Lewis Co. H.S. and North East Kentucky sports. He does what is right and has anchored a tradition unlike any other in Kentucky High School sports, which is to maintain one of the, if not THE... oldest running conference.

 

One thing is for certain, Gary Kidwell is top notch.

[/b]

 

If they had, I would still take Elliott County by 30+:ylsuper:

 

Yes, especially after shooting poorly in their loss, they'd taken it out on Bath County in a fierce and unapologetic way!

Gary Kidwell is top of the line and asset to Lewis Co. H.S. and North East Kentucky sports. He does what is right and has anchored a tradition unlike any other in Kentucky High School sports, which is to maintain one of the, if not THE... oldest running conference.

 

One thing is for certain, Gary Kidwell is top notch.

 

I have known Coach Kidwell for about 25 years and I will agree. He is a class act.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.