EKC Meeting

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This EKC or Gary Kidwell Invitational, whatever you want to call it is a big joke. Oh and Bath County, Elliott County, and Raceland dropped out from what I hear from some 16th region coaches. And I know 100% that Bath wanted to play Elliott but Elliott didn't want to schedule the game because it conflicted with the All A State Championship game which they didn't get to anyway. West Carter game was canceled due to WEATHER and the Fleming County game too but neither were rescheduled because of both sides not being able too, Fleming County and West Carter didn't play either and that game wasn't rescheduled. Bath County was the only team in the EKC that had weather game cancelations counted agains't them as losses. I'm not even from down in Bath County, I'm from NE Kentucky and I just think everything should be handled fairly. To say Bath didn't want to play some of the top teams in the region is crazy and I know this 100%, because I know of two people at the EKC meeting that flat out lied about the scheduling conflict with Elliott, I'm not going to mention their names but they know who they are. I'll say one sat on this so called committee they have.

If Bath offered a reschedule date in conflict with the championship of the All A championship, can anyone take them seriously in their desire to reschedule?

This EKC or Gary Kidwell Invitational, whatever you want to call it is a big joke. Oh and Bath County, Elliott County, and Raceland dropped out from what I hear from some 16th region coaches. And I know 100% that Bath wanted to play Elliott but Elliott didn't want to schedule the game because it conflicted with the All A State Championship game which they didn't get to anyway. West Carter game was canceled due to WEATHER and the Fleming County game too but neither were rescheduled because of both sides not being able too, Fleming County and West Carter didn't play either and that game wasn't rescheduled. Bath County was the only team in the EKC that had weather game cancelations counted agains't them as losses. I'm not even from down in Bath County, I'm from NE Kentucky and I just think everything should be handled fairly. To say Bath didn't want to play some of the top teams in the region is crazy and I know this 100%, because I know of two people at the EKC meeting that flat out lied about the scheduling conflict with Elliott, I'm not going to mention their names but they know who they are. I'll say one sat on this so called committee they have.

IF you are from NE Ky why would you be interested in what's going on down here in the backwood's??? Or be interested enough to have all the knowledge you do about it!!! I would guess you have stronger tie's than NE Ky and are some what heated about the issue to be so involved, especially to be using misinformed info(according to GO Radio whom is always pretty accurate in his postings) that accuse's other's of lying!!!!!!!!!!:taz::taz:

IF you are from NE Ky why would you be interested in what's going on down here in the backwood's??? Or be interested enough to have all the knowledge you do about it!!! I would guess you have stronger tie's than NE Ky and are some what heated about the issue to be so involved, especially to be using misinformed info(according to GO Radio whom is always pretty accurate in his postings) that accuse's other's of lying!!!!!!!!!!:taz::taz:

And they're pretty outspoken for someone so new to this discussion board.:idunno:

I love all the controversy that surrounds the 16th/EKC...how in the world do you not get a game rescheduled?? Elliott was able to get Ballard to come to EC but Bath couldn't get their game rescheduled??? I love it.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #2

Again, not sure where you got this information?? Nothing was said at the meeting about what games were counted as losses. Nothing. Every game for every team was discussed in an open meeting and then the committee met alone and made a determination. Nothing was said in the open meeting about wins or losses as far as snowed out games. It was simply stated who the champion and runner up was. That's all. So, again, how can we accept what you say seriously when you weren't there and do not have your fact straight!?

Again, not sure where you got this information?? Nothing was said at the meeting about what games were counted as losses. Nothing. Every game for every team was discussed in an open meeting and then the committee met alone and made a determination. Nothing was said in the open meeting about wins or losses as far as snowed out games. It was simply stated who the champion and runner up was. That's all. So, again, how can we accept what you say seriously when you weren't there and do not have your fact straight!?

Well said I do not think it could be made any more clear than that. I also think the committee made the right decision based on the the games that were played.

Bath Co, droped Elliott Co. Off of the schedule last summer.

This was a statement of fact that was backed up by others at the meeting. In my early dealings with this issue, I was told by Coach Hicks simply that Elliott Co refused to schedule him. He left out the fact that on his schedule in April, he did not have an Elliott Co game and this schedule was apparently passed out to every All-A coaches, including Elliott Co. He did come back and say he tried to schedule Elliott Co later in September, but at that point Rick said his schedule was set. I personally felt I and the Commissioner were mislead by Bath Co to start with because certain facts were withheld.

It matters to the teams, players, and coaches in the EKC. Obviously it mattered to Bath County who tried to get the title any way they could but refused to play the top teams in the conference. Funny how they could play Berea, Model, and teamsd like that but managed to dodge Elliott County and West Carter.

BTW what other teams are unhappy other than Bath?

I found it funny how they fought so hard to be EKC champions this year, but dropped out of the conference? I guess it means something now but not in the future?

And to my knowledge, no one left the meeting unhappy. Even Raceland and Elliott who dropped out of the conference were complimentary to the conference about how they felt things were run over the years and how they hated to leave but was best for them in their situation with the all-a. Same situation for Bath but they left in a snit!

I felt things were done properly given the information that was there to work with.

Controversy has seemed to follow "ONE" coach through out the 16th region, and if some would research, it has followed him farther back than that into his WV coaching days. I am glad GoRadio has gave us some details of the meeting and what really happened. Thanks to you and Gary for what you do with the EKC and the committment to the schools and players to give them the recognizion they deserve!!:thumb:

Controversy has seemed to follow "ONE" coach through out the 16th region, and if some would research, it has followed him farther back than that into his WV coaching days. I am glad GoRadio has gave us some details of the meeting and what really happened. Thanks to you and Gary for what you do with the EKC and the committment to the schools and players to give them the recognizion they deserve!!:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::clap::clap::clap:

We do what we do for the student athletes. Sadly, some people don't see that and want to talk ill of the conference. I have known Gary Kidwell for a very long time and he is as honest as the day is long. I have had the honor of serving as his assistant commissioner for a few years now and I know first hand that his heart is with the kids, not for anything or anyone else.

I find it sad that adults get in the way sometimes.