EKC Meeting

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every problem on the boys side, or games that was not played, I believe involved Bath Co. I am sure "Nets" could have let them borrowed a coin if they would have had a tie!!:lol: I would say Coach Mays wasn't very happy with Bath(:cry:) trying to take or share the title.

This EKC or Gary Kidwell Invitational, whatever you want to call it is a big joke. Oh and Bath County, Elliott County, and Raceland dropped out from what I hear from some 16th region coaches. And I know 100% that Bath wanted to play Elliott but Elliott didn't want to schedule the game because it conflicted with the All A State Championship game which they didn't get to anyway. West Carter game was canceled due to WEATHER and the Fleming County game too but neither were rescheduled because of both sides not being able too, Fleming County and West Carter didn't play either and that game wasn't rescheduled. Bath County was the only team in the EKC that had weather game cancelations counted agains't them as losses. I'm not even from down in Bath County, I'm from NE Kentucky and I just think everything should be handled fairly. To say Bath didn't want to play some of the top teams in the region is crazy and I know this 100%, because I know of two people at the EKC meeting that flat out lied about the scheduling conflict with Elliott, I'm not going to mention their names but they know who they are. I'll say one sat on this so called committee they have.

I can say that Elliott Co is the EKC Champion, with West Carter second. Bath Co did leave the meeting very unhappy, playing only 6 conference games, losing one of those and still thinking they should have been crowned EKC Champs. Still not sure who the gentleman was that came with Coach Hicks, rather strange practice. But coach Hicks is no stranger to EKC controversy. He drew for the tournament one year while at Greenup and then dropped out of the conference because he drew Russell. That is why Greenup is no longer in the conference.

Every All-A team in the conference refused to play in next year's tourney, so they basically chose not to be a member of the conference next year.

As far as why a team receives losses for not playing a full compliment of games...those determining factors are spelled out clearly in the EKC By-Laws. The committee met, I will not reveal the deliberations of the committee, but lets just say when we looked at teams who did not play their full compliment of games, one team was a common factor.

This EKC or Gary Kidwell Invitational, whatever you want to call it is a big joke. Oh and Bath County, Elliott County, and Raceland dropped out from what I hear from some 16th region coaches. And I know 100% that Bath wanted to play Elliott but Elliott didn't want to schedule the game because it conflicted with the All A State Championship game which they didn't get to anyway. West Carter game was canceled due to WEATHER and the Fleming County game too but neither were rescheduled because of both sides not being able too, Fleming County and West Carter didn't play either and that game wasn't rescheduled. Bath County was the only team in the EKC that had weather game cancelations counted agains't them as losses. I'm not even from down in Bath County, I'm from NE Kentucky and I just think everything should be handled fairly. To say Bath didn't want to play some of the top teams in the region is crazy and I know this 100%, because I know of two people at the EKC meeting that flat out lied about the scheduling conflict with Elliott, I'm not going to mention their names but they know who they are. I'll say one sat on this so called committee they have.

So you weren't there but you know "100%" what happened. That makes sense. There were only 3 people who even talked about the Elliott/Bath scheduling conflict and NONE of them are a part of the committee. So you are misinformed.

This was handled very fairly. Have you ever read the By-Laws of the EKC? Do you even know what the EKC does or what its all about? I seriously doubt it!

Every problem on the boys side, or games that was not played, I believe involved Bath Co. I am sure "Nets" could have let them borrowed a coin if they would have had a tie!!:lol: I would say Coach Mays wasn't very happy with Bath(:cry:) trying to take or share the title.

First meeting Coach Mays has been to in years. He got pretty vocal in this meeting....talked more in this meeting than I have ever heard him before. He was pretty passionate about someone basically saying something about him that he felt just wasn't true. It got loud a couple of times during and after the meeting.

First meeting Coach Mays has been to in years. He got pretty vocal in this meeting....talked more in this meeting than I have ever heard him before. He was pretty passionate about someone basically saying something about him that he felt just wasn't true. It got loud a couple of times during and after the meeting.

WoW, :notworthy:Coach Mays got vocal!:notworthy:

Known him for 30+ years , off the court I have never seen him get "vocal" at anything. I wish I could of been there to see that.:clap:

I know 100% not because I was at the meeting because I wasn't, but I was there when Bath tried to reschedule games with teams and they wouldn't or just couldn't because of THEIR scheduling conflicts, that's how I know that some people lied. And well I guess everyone can now figure out who flat out lied. Like I said before, the EKC doesn't even matter. If a team's only expectations are to win the EKC, then those are some low expectations. The EKC has no effect on anything...so why do we even have an EKC?

I know 100% not because I was at the meeting because I wasn't, but I was there when Bath tried to reschedule games with teams and they wouldn't or just couldn't because of THEIR scheduling conflicts, that's how I know that some people lied. And well I guess everyone can now figure out who flat out lied. Like I said before, the EKC doesn't even matter. If a team's only expectations are to win the EKC, then those are some low expectations. The EKC has no effect on anything...so why do we even have an EKC?

We have an EKC because players need to be recognized for their hard work. The EKC does that, its all about the student athletes. The EKC has a very nice banquet and honors the players for their season. The EKC also has a tradition of competition since 1920 and gives the kids something to play for during the regular season. I guess those who aren't a part of the EKC, just don't understand what its all about. Tradition still means something to some.

You were where when Bath tried to reschedule their games? You were at the All-A meeting in April or in Jim Hicks office later in the season? It might be best for you to get your facts straight before accusing people of lying. And again, you have no idea what was said in the open meeting or the committee meeting. I guess 3 coaches got together to conspire against Bath Co and all of them lied about the rescheduling of games?

If the EKC has no effect on anything, in your opinion, why are you so worried about what happened and who was crowned champion?