Is Obamaism a cult?

HHSDad

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Obamaism is. Never heard of it before this thread. Anyone want to give me the link to the history and mission of this organization? Thanks in advance.

Just google Obamaism. You'll get lots of hits.

Obamaism isn't so much of a religion as it is a psychosis.

Interesting point.

Paradoxically, he was elected both because he was black and in spite of being black. A hypothetical 100 percent white Obama certainly wouldn’t have generated the same excitement among his white supporters (let alone the black ones), and probably wouldn’t have won the Democratic nomination. Yet it was precisely because Obama’s blackness came to seem so secondary to his being and his candidacy that he was able to attract a sufficient number of voters to elect him. He’s black! But he also just happens to be black. We need a new phrase for this happy converse of Catch-22

Jim was trying to equate the support for GW with the worship of Obama. SF41 related a conversation that he overheard of girls at work fawning over Obama.

I was being sarcastic. No one had the kind of slavish-devotion towards GWB that they apparently do towards BHO.

One person's support is another person's worship.

Some girls at work were talking about how Mrs. Obama is supposed to be on the cover of a magazine, Vogue I think and how she's only the second first lady ever to be on there. Then they started talking about news paper clippings they've cut out, and about magazines that they've now bought as collectors items. One of them has a young daughter 3 or 4. She was bragging about how her "boo" new who President Obama was and how everyone should know who he is because he's the most important man in America ever. I just kept quiet and laughed to myself. It definitely reinforced my beliefs though that people really do worship President Obama.

You know that people followed every movement of Jackie Kennedy, right? What clothes that she wore, her hairstyle, what books that she read, etc.

I find it interesting that in our society, there are some who simply must find a way to paint a group of people who's beliefs differ from their own as a part of a "movement" or "cult" or whatever you want to call it. Many of us consider ourselves AMERICANS. Not separate from any other Americans. Maybe different from some Americans. We don't subscribe to a new religion, a new cult, a new movement. We believe that the person we elected can bring about the ideals we value. Isn't that what each American does when they vote?

I find it interesting that in our society, there are some who simply must find a way to paint a group of people who's beliefs differ from their own as a part of a "movement" or "cult" or whatever you want to call it. Many of us consider ourselves AMERICANS. Not separate from any other Americans. Maybe different from some Americans. We don't subscribe to a new religion, a new cult, a new movement. We believe that the person we elected can bring about the ideals we value. Isn't that what each American does when they vote?

Nice optimism, RM, but some prefer to wallow in negativity.

You mean like war, which I find morally indefensible and tobacco subsidies which I find morally indefensible, you mean like interrogation techniques that I found morally indefensible . . .

You see, the joy of living in a democracy is that we all get to be righteously indignant and some point. I was for 8 years, now you can be. See how that works, equality.

I don't think that our economy or image could be damaged any more than it was over the past 8 years, it might be damaged differently, but it won't be any worse.

Those items that you find "indefensible" are subject to argument and debate . However, the fact that Obama, from his history, has a complete disregard for the value and sanctity of human life is, indeed indefensible under any scenerio. He is dangerous.

Jim was trying to equate the support for GW with the worship of Obama. SF41 related a conversation that he overheard of girls at work fawning over Obama.

I was being sarcastic. No one had the kind of slavish-devotion towards GWB that they apparently do towards BHO.

Got ya.:thumb:

One person's support is another person's worship.

You two totally misunderstand what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about everyone who voted for Obama. I'm speaking of those who for no reason and without a bit of skepticism, believe that Obama is their savior. He will cure all ills and heal all wounds. Under his guidance we will all live like King Midas. I'm speaking of those who have unreasonable expectations of Obama, and there are millions of them.

Comparatively, Bush had very few Kool-Aid drinkers. His highest ground swell came after 9/11 when many people thought he was the perfect man for that job. I believe most of those who defended Bush did so because the attacks on him were so frequent and vehement. I work with one Bush fanatic, and the rest of us conservatives feel that she's a pain in the butt.

Those items that you find "indefensible" are subject to argument and debate . However, the fact that Obama, from his history, has a complete disregard for the value and sanctity of human life is, indeed indefensible under any scenerio. He is dangerous.

I find his stance defensible. I do it here all the time, so you are wrong. We can debate them all. You think abortion is bad, i think killing people in a war is bad. Your guY had his run for a while now mine will.

FWIW, I agree with you Shooter... :thumb:

I find his stance defensible. I do it here all the time, so you are wrong. We can debate them all. You think abortion is bad, i think killing people in a war is bad. Your guY had his run for a while now mine will.

How many years has this world gone without war? Abortions is just so wrong on so many levels. Especially the level that Obama supports it! It's sickening.:puke: