GWB's return to Texas

Can you give an example of what you think that been said/done to GWB to disrespect him more than President Obama?

If you had been around earlier you would not need to ask. Election years particularly are interesting. 2004 was no different than 2008.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are to somebody who did not follow the context in which I made them. The question, as I understood it was when the Bush bashing began on P & R and I don't believe that the forum existed before the 2000 election. When it was pointed out that the Obama-bashing began during the campaign, I simply stated that the same was true, in a broader sense with Bush. The difference was that this forum did not exist for the liberals who fear, loathed, and ridiculed Bush to express themselves.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Thanks for the condescending tone. :lol: I didn't miss it.

Both of your comments that TheDeuce pointed out were in reply to MY posts.

It's okay to admit that you made a mistake. ;)

Thanks for the condescending tone. :lol: I didn't miss it.

Both of your comments that TheDeuce pointed out were in reply to MY posts.

It's okay to admit that you made a mistake. ;)

I strive not to comment on other people's post, preferring to direct my comments to the person for whom they were intended. I was simply explaining why in your running commentary on my posts, your interpretation of the two comments, which on their face do appear contradictory, were in fact, not when considered in their proper context.

I strive not to comment on other people's post, preferring to direct my comments to the person for whom they were intended. I was simply explaining why in your running commentary on my posts, your interpretation of the two comments, which on their face do appear contradictory, were in fact, not when considered in their proper context.

:lol: Okay. If you want to portray it that way, then so be it.

I think I started a thread on this but I'll say it again.

I like GWB the man. I think I would thoroughly enjoy just hanging and talking sports with him. I can't think of anything personal about him that I dislike.

Was he a great President? Time will tell.

I guess its hard to shed a tear for a guy when he took over we had a surplus of $236 billion, the largest surplus in American history. The unemployment rate has doubled, and of course you know about the recession.

This site prevents unfounded claims. Prove to me that Bill Clinton left Bush a surplus. This tells me otherwise (you must fill in the dates).

I'm not defending Bush's spending, but your statement is untrue

Good one. As the link I provided (which is a link to the website of the United States Treasury, NOT the Democrat Policy Committee) explains, Total Public Debt Outstanding is comprised of 2 parts- Debt Held By The Public & Intergovernmental Holdings. Check the numbers from the source. I beg you too.

I understand that it is very easy to read from partisan sources and adopt their opinion as your own. However, I have found that it is better to go directly the source to find your information. And, this situation is a bit tricky to think about, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But consider this:

What is so great about a "budget surplus" when, from the day Clinton took office, the National Debt grew from $4.2 trillion to $5.7 trillion? It's not a budget surplus if more money is being borrowed. Absolutely not. Once again, I won't defend Bush's spending (it was worse than Clinton's) but your statement is misleading, and untrue.

JA, would you like to rescind your untrue comment about Bush acquiring a surplus or give me evidence to believe it was true?