GWB's return to Texas

Honestly I COULD, but I have far too much homework to look into it right now, and class at 9 AM, AND this is a thread to respect former President Bush, not rehash all the names and other disrespectful things he's been through. It's Obama's turn to deal with all of that. [Not that I want him to, just saying it's no longer a crusade against Bush].

Ok. You quoted me on this and I thought that you wanted to discuss it. No problem.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you RM. That while I think these are all subjects that are open to debate, they should be truthful and about the subject and not the man. (sometimes it hard to seperate) There have been a lot of mistruths that have circulated on the internet that have found their way into many threads.

The type of things I was refering to was more the mass media stuff. Every little thing that he does gets criticized on TV, and blown up as big as it can be. While with Obama it seemed to me they played things down. I personally think there is something to Ayers and Renko stuff, but the mass media refused to pursue it in any way.

On the flip side, talk radio has bashed Obama since the beginnig. A few of them do a good job and talk about his policies and criticize that but too many of them attack him personally. But, not nearly as many people listen to talk radio as watch TV.

But some of the stuff that really bothers me is like all the signs today that said "Arrest Bush" and the whole nah, nah, nah, nah goodbye stuff, and unfortunately all of that stuff ends up on TV for all the world to see. I wish I could have been there to say, "You won show some class and show some respect for the presidency."

I can agree with your point stated this way. I misunderstood your original message.

I am not denying that there are isolated instances there but it is not nearly as prevalent as the Bush bashing that takes place here on an almost daily basis. Despite Bush's Harvard MBA, he has been portrayed as an idiot for eight years and I am sure that will be true for at least four more years. At that time, liberals will label the next Republican candidate an imbecile while touting their own candidate as one of the smartest politicians ever to run for office. The Democratic playbook never changes.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say none of the labled playbooks ever change: Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative.

Do your own research. It is there and it is prevalent. :D

The Bush bashing started the moment he took office. The bashing started in this forum shortly after it was created.

That's what I thought. The Obama bashing began LONG before he took office and I am sure that several people have no intention of stopping.

That's what I thought. The Obama bashing began LONG before he took office and I am sure that several people have no intention of stopping.
The Bush bashing began as soon as he won the Republican nomination in 2000. Obama had one of the easiest paths to the White House in history. No presidential candidate has ever had the free and excessively favorable coverage by the media that Obama has enjoyed - not even close.

So which is it?

:lol: Those statements are contradictory, aren't they?

I have no doubt that Hoot will enjoy the next 4-8 years. We can rest assure that for every negative Bush thread that has ever existed (of which in my time here hasn't been many) that there will be more than enough negative Obama threads.

Oh, wait...there already has been! :lol:

:lol: Those statements are contradictory, aren't they?

I have no doubt that Hoot will enjoy the next 4-8 years. We can rest assure that for every negative Bush thread that has ever existed (of which in my time here hasn't been many) that there will be more than enough negative Obama threads.

Oh, wait...there already has been! :lol:

Yes they are to somebody who did not follow the context in which I made them. The question, as I understood it was when the Bush bashing began on P & R and I don't believe that the forum existed before the 2000 election. When it was pointed out that the Obama-bashing began during the campaign, I simply stated that the same was true, in a broader sense with Bush. The difference was that this forum did not exist for the liberals who fear, loathed, and ridiculed Bush to express themselves.

I hope that clears things up for you.

I had only been a member of this board for two years of Bush's Presidency, but the amount of lunacy directed toward Obama in the last year could drown the unbased Bush insults.

If you're talking the past year I agree. If you're talking all time no way. 2004 was an interesting year.