Inauguration Update Thread

One thing that amazes me...and makes me proud to be an American.

This is the 43rd peaceful transfer of power, beginning in 1797 when John Adams took over for George Washington.

When you think about the world currently and historically...dictators, dynasties, communism, failed attempts at democracy, etc...it's pretty amazing what has occurred in the United States of America for the past 200+ years.

Kudos to us...:clap::notworthy:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the 43rd peaceful transfer of power, beginning in 1797 when John Adams took over for George Washington.

When you think about the world currently and historically...dictators, dynasties, communism, failed attempts at democracy, etc...it's pretty amazing what has occurred in the United States of America for the past 200+ years.

:clap:

This is something all too often overlooked...and why not? We have always lived this way and we take it for granted.

I saw on the bottom of my screen that says Bush left a note for Obama in the Oval Office. I want to know what that says lol.

Apparently it was started by Reagan for Bush I and has continued. I read where Clinton left Bush a note along with a copy of the note Bush I had left him. Nice touch.

I agree on both parts. It makes me very nervous.

I can understand the nervousness, but I really think I'd do the same if I were in his shoes. I have a philosophy that I refuse to live in fear. There are some that think I'm not concerned enough about my own safety, which I'm sure some will question Obama about. But, in the end, if the President of the United States can't walk among the citizens of the United States, with reasonable precaution, what have we become?

I can understand the nervousness, but I really think I'd do the same if I were in his shoes. I have a philosophy that I refuse to live in fear. There are some that think I'm not concerned enough about my own safety, which I'm sure some will question Obama about. But, in the end, if the President of the United States can't walk among the citizens of the United States, with reasonable precaution, what have we become?

Good point...and I agree! It's better to live than just survive.

I was still very nervous though!

I felt a little nervous as well for Obama as well but he has created so much positive energy I think people will give him a chance. There is plenty of hate for him, we see it on here often but nobody can question the buzz he has created. Good luck to Barack he has a heck of a mess to clean up.

I felt a little nervous as well for Obama as well but he has created so much positive energy I think people will give him a chance. There is plenty of hate for him, we see it on here often but nobody can question the buzz he has created. Good luck to Barack he has a heck of a mess to clean up.

Some of that mess, is not really a mess and he doesn't need to change it.

Example A is the pending Executive Order that would allow tax money to be used to fund abortions. Reagan first denied it with an Executive Order. Bush-Dad continued the denial. Clinton allowed the state to pay for the killing of unborn children. Bush-son stopped it. The word is that O will allow our tax dollars to go back to funding the killing of unborn children through abortion.