Inauguration Update Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the American history guru here at my school, the Chief Justice is the one that screwed up. You could tell by Obama's face that something wasn't right.

I actually thought that same thing the second I heard it! It seemed to me that, though the Chief Justice didn't stumble, he put a couple of words in the wrong order or used the wrong word...something to the effect of "United States for America" or such. I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to be accused of blaming it on Roberts. :lol:

I have friends who are not making the best out of his life. One in particular has dropped out of school, is unemployed, and is into drugs. All he keeps saying is how things are going to change now the Obama is president. The problem I see is many of the people that voted for him are the reason our nation is having problems. I am interested to see if in the years to come they still support him. Obama can't force people to get an education and be sucsessfull, he is going to try and give more opportunity, but these people who think change is coming are wrong. There is the same opportunity now to be sucsessfull, and change, as there will be in 4 years.

I have friends who are not making the best out of his life. One in particular has dropped out of school, is unemployed, and is into drugs. All he keeps saying is how things are going to change now the Obama is president. The problem I see is many of the people that voted for him are the reason our nation is having problems. I am interested to see if in the years to come they still support him. Obama can't force people to get an education and be sucsessfull, he is going to try and give more opportunity, but these people who think change is coming are wrong. There is the same opportunity now to be sucsessfull, and change, as there will be in 4 years.

I see the same thing. A lot of people screaming change is coming are the reasons we need change in the first place.