Inauguration Update Thread

If I was him, I would be a nervous wreck, too, knowing the position he is taking.

As GW said, for the next 4 years, you are NEVER the President of the US.

Imagine your job. Imagine now that you are at that job, 24/7, 365 1/4 days a year. Even when you are asleep, you are on the job and ready to be awaken in a moment.

Off topic, but this should make everyone that lives in rural communities thankful for their volunteer fire fighters.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand? Are you saying they irrationally hate him and have because they think he stole the race [because of the voting issues?].

I am shocked purely based on how disrespectful some of our citizens are. I expect booing, but it still shocks me. I'd NEVER go to the ceremony and even THINK to boo, let alone sing a song.

That was the beginning of it, yes, that is what I am saying. My democrat parents do not consider him ever having won the first Presidential race and that he was only there because his brother stole it for him in Florida. This is 8 years later.

That was the beginning of it, yes, that is what I am saying. My democrat parents do not consider him ever having won the first Presidential race and that he was only there because his brother stole it for him in Florida. This is 8 years later.

lol, my Democratic grandmother is convinced Hilary would have been the best option. And she is out her darn mind! ;)

But I see what youre saying, and I understand some people honestly believe that crap, but as I said before, I would never even think to act that way at that ceremony.

Great point. I would include Sheriffs and local police too. As well as EMT's.

Speaking as one who had to cancel his 20th Anniversary plans to drive 8 hours back and do a funeral and minister to a family you might include many of your clergy that seem to be there when you call.

My Democratic partents (who live in Florida) have told me on more then one occasion that if there had been a different Florida governor in 2000 we would have had a different president. I prefer to say that had Gore been a good enough candidate he would have won his home state (just curious, I wonder how many major candidates have run for President and not won their home state) and the election.

My Democratic partents (who live in Florida) have told me on more then one occasion that if there had been a different Florida governor in 2000 we would have had a different president. I prefer to say that had Gore been a good enough candidate he would have won his home state (just curious, I wonder how many major candidates have run for President and not won their home state) and the election.

I have given the same argument to my parents. Not wanting to hear it. Gore lost the race in Tennessee not Florida.