2009 Dayton

Ram

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious, what is Coach Deaton's background and resume look like? Assistants where did he coach at previously and did he play college?

He played high school ball at Highlands where he won a few state championships. Then I know he served for 4 years as a "manager" or whatever they call it for UK football. I think he went right to the Dayton staff from that as the line coach for two years before Lickert left, then he was hired at Dayton.

• 4 months later...
I think they moved patrick to offensive line' date=' not really sure, but I don't think Rogg will cut it at varsity level next yea, in both jv games against Bellevue he didn't seem to do too much, and IMO he was a hot head and that's not good at quarterback[/quote']

Well seeing Dayton and Bellevue are rivals I can kinda see that out of them, also being young and crazy.

Edited by bugatti

This year, Pompillio will be returning to LB. Sullivan will be a pesky nose this year. Buchanan will be the dedicated running back with speed. Patrick will be QB this year, with his arm he could lead to a good season and many victories. The line is looking good this year, with big man Christian Lewallen.

Coming from a very good source, I have heard that Dayton has roughly 25-30 kids right now and many were told if they didn't come out before the dead period that Deaton was going to let them come out.

Plus I also heard that they were running the I-formation with all three backs in 3-point stances (welcome back 1930's!!)

I am not sure this is the best way to start off the season after coming off such a god awful season last year!

I know a few kids who played Knothole Baseball and where not going to mix the 2.

Do they play knothole baseball at 10AM? That is when Dayton practiced. If kids did not show in June, it had nothing to do with Knothole baseball. That is a cop out for a couple of kids that did not want to wake up and work hard.

Do they play knothole baseball at 10AM? That is when Dayton practiced. If kids did not show in June, it had nothing to do with Knothole baseball. That is a cop out for a couple of kids that did not want to wake up and work hard.

Maybe they didn't want to wear themselves out before the game in the evening. Sorry, but if they started their baseball season first it should have priority IMO whether it is within the school or knothole. It'd be along the same lines if they played fall baseball and Dayton and the baseball team both had a Saturday morning game. Their butt better be a football that day, but once again just my opinion.:thumb:

Many coaches now a days have workouts in the morning partly to avoid the conflict with baseball. If a young man wants to play both he can. It is not asking too much for knothole players to attend football practice in the morning. They have plenty of recovery time.

Coming from a very good source, I have heard that Dayton has roughly 25-30 kids right now and many were told if they didn't come out before the dead period that Deaton was going to let them come out.

Plus I also heard that they were running the I-formation with all three backs in 3-point stances (welcome back 1930's!!)

I am not sure this is the best way to start off the season after coming off such a god awful season last year!

Sometimes that kind of an offense isn't as bad as you think!

Many coaches now a days have workouts in the morning partly to avoid the conflict with baseball. If a young man wants to play both he can. It is not asking too much for knothole players to attend football practice in the morning. They have plenty of recovery time.

:thumb: