Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Dayton

Featured Replies

What does Dayton need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to continue to grow. I think Coach Deaton played alot of young guys last year, and if those guys stay in the weight room this off season and keep buying into the system I think Dayton will be successful in the '09 season. The only thing I wonder about is who is going to be the QB next year.

The only thing I wonder about is who is going to be the QB next year.

 

Patrick Squarejohann or Thomas Rogg will be the QB for Dayton next year

They had a good group of youngs kids playing JV last year...If they hit the weights and continue to work hard I am sure they will improve upon a year that I am sure they would like to forget

They had a good group of youngs kids playing JV last year...If they hit the weights and continue to work hard I am sure they will improve upon a year that I am sure they would like to forget

 

Not neccessarily, might be part of the learning curve for the younger guys to make them better.

Sounds like the Devils have some athletic kids playing hoops this season with a lot of speed. How many of those kids are also lacing up the cleats next season?

I think with the small enrollment, they are all the same...

Patrick Squarejohann or Thomas Rogg will be the QB for Dayton next year

 

I think they moved patrick to offensive line, not really sure, but I don't think Rogg will cut it at varsity level next yea, in both jv games against Bellevue he didn't seem to do too much, and IMO he was a hot head and that's not good at quarterback

Will Donnie Brown be back at Dayton next season? I heard he left Highlands

Dayton should have a few new faces playing football this coming season. I heard that Jones might lace up the cleats. Jones is a great baseball player and has good speed and with some good coaching he would make a good wide out. There are a lot of basketball players that hopefully will play this coming season too. Coach Deaton needs to sell them on the program and get them on the field.

Dayton should have a few new faces playing football this coming season. I heard that Jones might lace up the cleats. Jones is a great baseball player and has good speed and with some good coaching he would make a good wide out. There are a lot of basketball players that hopefully will play this coming season too. Coach Deaton needs to sell them on the program and get them on the field.

 

I agree about Jones hopefully his parents will let him play football, that's what has kept him from playing in the past.

I think they moved patrick to offensive line' date=' not really sure, but I don't think Rogg will cut it at varsity level next yea, in both jv games against Bellevue he didn't seem to do too much, and IMO he was a hot head and that's not good at quarterback[/quote']

 

Well that is their options... Thomas Rogg was a freshman without much QB experience playing behind a line that lacked experience. Yeah, he might've gotten frustrated at times... To be expected... He'll be fine...

 

 

I think with the small enrollment, they are all the same...

 

Actually, not really with this group. There is only one current basketball starter that played football this past season in Turner who was a wideout that started football after summer basketball ended. In that real "core" group of juniors that are playing hoops right now, he and Thornton, who was primarily a return man, were the only footballers. Now, they do have some of their JV guys that I hear are possible threats on the football field. The afforementioned Rogg sees a few varsity minutes a game on the hardwood and could be a gridiron threat, and from what I understand TR Smith was an extremely explosive wideout and return man for the freshmen/JV team last season.

I agree about Jones hopefully his parents will let him play football, that's what has kept him from playing in the past.

 

The only thing that kept him from not playing this year was his baby he had:banana:

Will Donnie Brown be back at Dayton next season? I heard he left Highlands

 

Donnie is back at Dayton but he does have to appeal something so he can play if his appeal win then he plays if he loses sits out his senior season and that would be a big loss for the Greendevils he is a monster

Donnie is back at Dayton but he does have to appeal something so he can play if his appeal win then he plays if he loses sits out his senior season and that would be a big loss for the Greendevils he is a monster

 

:rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.