Olympic Firearms ?

jvdfc

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. I got it last spring. It was backordered for almost 6 months. The long range AR, I built myself. That's the good thing about AR's. You can buy parts from different manufacturers and customize your gun.

Look for ammo online. You can buy it in bulk cheaper there. you can usually find 1,000 rounds for $350 - $400 .

Correct. I got it last spring. It was backordered for almost 6 months. The long range AR, I built myself. That's the good thing about AR's. You can buy parts from different manufacturers and customize your gun.

Look for ammo online. You can buy it in bulk cheaper there. you can usually find 1,000 rounds for $350 - $400 .

I looked at a DPMS Sat. I loved it but it was 400 dollars more than the Olympic. But it was great as far as balance and stuff. I am suppose to have mine around the 22nd of Jan.,can't wait.

I am not a fan of Olympic at all, but they dont make a bad weapon.

From a dealer I know -

Let me repeat how Olympic operated in the past for you. 1994 is the year, they did two things that makes me never want to buy their products. #1 against all advice they make an AR15 pistol prototype and chamber it in 7.62x39. This act gets all steel core surplus Chinese x39 ammo banned from sale to US citizens. Only ones that could get it after BATF sent out their cease order letter based on Oly's AR pistol were dealers, military and Law Enforcement personnel.

#2 thing they did. I put 5 A2 type 20" AR15 rifles on order in early July 1994 before the ban. I put a deposit on them of about $1000. Come the end of September 1994 2 weeks after Clinton's ban went into effect I get a letter with a refund check saying my order was canceled as they couldn't build my order now.

2 weeks after that point I get a letter from them listing hundreds of quote "preban" Olympic A2 AR15 rifles at double my original price each.

Man ,you have entered a whole new world. When you shoot an AR you are hooked. It has to be the most fun firearm to shoot.

First olympic is a good choice. 2nd, with the change in our politicians if you want an AR get it now. Visit AR15.com for solid info.

And stock up on your supply of ammo as well!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know about ,or have any Olympic Firearms ? I have ordered a AR-15 carbine from them. Hope I will like it. Any input or info would be appreciated. It was at a great price too.

You should have listened to your buddy and bought a bushy! Just kidding man, that olympic will be worth the money and loads of fun man enjoy. Lets go shooting.