The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

The following things are on the table by our administration to be done at GCHS for the football program, some are definite and some are probable. We most definitely want the input of our new coach but these are the things that are on the table for improvement:

1) New weight/strength room - state of the art facility that will be located inside the high school, this will be for the entire high school but will be state of art and should be done by April 2009.

2) Upgrade locker rooms for football program - first class locker room facilities, this is on the table and will get done by private folks if the BOE and ADMIN approve, which we feel will happen, this will be done immediately after the weight room is moved into the high school and will have a week turn around at the most.

3) Turf for field - http://www.fieldturf.com/ - $400-500K - this is most definitely on the table if approved by the BOE but is the one that is going to take the entire community to get behind so we can get this done. There are grants available through NFL and Major League Soccer. We could have all of our JFL, middle school and high school football and soccer played on the field. This is something our community will be proud of and just think about our youth being able to play on this type of product. Greenup County deserves this for our kids, no reason for us not to have something this nice for our community. The turn around time on this is 90 days for installation to be playing on the turf, we can have this for the 2009/2010 season if we want it bad enough.

4) Stadium seating/new concessions and public restroom facilities - this is in the discussion phase and will be pushed to be done in the near future.

These are the improvements that are being pushed for our football facilities at GCHS and are very probable in happening. We have some key folks in the community that are behind these improvements and are looking for more.

We will be having a meeting in the near future before the January board meeting of interested folks that want to help get these and other items done that will assist in improving our football program. If you are interested just PM me and I will let you know personally when this meeting will take place. I will also make a post on this forum.

It is going to happen folks, good things are going to happen at GCHS for our football program.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following things are on the table by our administration to be done at GCHS for the football program, some are definite and some are probable. We most definitely want the input of our new coach but these are the things that are on the table for improvement:

1) New weight/strength room - state of the art facility that will be located inside the high school, this will be for the entire high school but will be state of art and should be done by April 2009.

2) Upgrade locker rooms for football program - first class locker room facilities, this is on the table and will get done by private folks if the BOE and ADMIN approve, which we feel will happen, this will be done immediately after the weight room is moved into the high school and will have a week turn around at the most.

3) Turf for field - http://www.fieldturf.com/ - $400-500K - this is most definitely on the table if approved by the BOE but is the one that is going to take the entire community to get behind so we can get this done. There are grants available through NFL and Major League Soccer. We could have all of our JFL, middle school and high school football and soccer played on the field. This is something our community will be proud of and just think about our youth being able to play on this type of product. Greenup County deserves this for our kids, no reason for us not to have something this nice for our community. The turn around time on this is 90 days for installation to be playing on the turf, we can have this for the 2009/2010 season if we want it bad enough.

4) Stadium seating/new concessions and public restroom facilities - this is in the discussion phase and will be pushed to be done in the near future.

These are the improvements that are being pushed for our football facilities at GCHS and are very probable in happening. We have some key folks in the community that are behind these improvements and are looking for more.

We will be having a meeting in the near future before the January board meeting of interested folks that want to help get these and other items done that will assist in improving our football program. If you are interested just PM me and I will let you know personally when this meeting will take place. I will also make a post on this forum.

It is going to happen folks, good things are going to happen at GCHS for our football program.

I failed to post lights, lights are also on the table for the facility, things are going to happen if everyone stays positive, focused and works together to get these things done that will improve our facility.

As you consider turf and cost, keep in mind there will be greatly reduced maintenance cost (no water, seed, labor, etc.) and reduced risk of injury to your athletes. I am not a turf sales person. Just giving you some things to think about. The true cost for field turf is not as great as it may appear.

Are there any concerns with Title 9? If like $$$ need to be spent on womens spots, WOW!

As far as both gender sports, such as Soccer, Tennis, etc., I think that the BOE has been fair. The only female only sport at the school is Cheerleading, (I know some of you may not see it as a sport, but at GCHS, it should be considered as one the way those girls work), and they have always been well taken care of.

As far as both gender sports, such as Soccer, Tennis, etc., I think that the BOE has been fair. The only female only sport at the school is Cheerleading, (I know some of you may not see it as a sport, but at GCHS, it should be considered as one the way those girls work), and they have always been well taken care of.

My daughter is a 4 year cheerleader and beleive me it is a sport and an expensive one at that too.

We will be okay as far as Title 9 goes, all the outdoor sports and band will be able to use the field. I spoke with Dom Fucci at Tates Creek and they practice softball and baseball on the field in the spring when the weather is like it is currently outside. Joe Ruddell, TC AD, said that putting in turf was the best thing they have done at TCHS for the school and the community as a whole.

I believe we had 3 this past year.

We did have only 3 paid assistants last year and two volunteer assistants. I have spoke to BOE members and they will approve the money to hire what our coach wants when it comes to assistant coaches.

I also spoke to a BOE member last night at the GCHS BBall game, he said that he and the board will vote Yes on anything that will put our program at the top level of football programs in the state. When we get our new coach all he has to do is let us know and we will go ask for it at the BOE, we have the support now to get what we need to get our program on track.

We did have only 3 paid assistants last year and two volunteer assistants. I have spoke to BOE members and they will approve the money to hire what our coach wants when it comes to assistant coaches.

I also spoke to a BOE member last night at the GCHS BBall game, he said that he and the board will vote Yes on anything that will put our program at the top level of football programs in the state. When we get our new coach all he has to do is let us know and we will go ask for it at the BOE, we have the support now to get what we need to get our program on track.

7 paid assistants at a 4A sounds about right. 2 for your freshman team, one for your OL, one for your DL, one for the RB/LB's, one for the secondary, then your head assistant, IMO.

I heard Mason Rister's family will be moving to Raceland and he will be enrolling at Raceland, is this true?

I would say your right, that is why Rister has been giving power points at the BOE meetings and everything else in his power to get this GC team ready for next year. I guees he just wants GC to be competitive when they play his son and the Rams next year.:rolleyes: