The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

Steve Dowdy?

Been discussed, don't know if he has "officially" applied as of yet, will know after the 8th...

Matt is picking up the official applications from the BOE either Friday or Monday, that is when we will know who has "officially" applied, Matt and Chris have spoke to several solid coaches that are very interested and most of them have told them they did apply. We have some coaches that were on the fence, waiting to hear about facilities, etc. and didn't want their teams knowing they might be interested in another position unless they were for sure about it, so this is where we are standing right now.

I do know of the folks that Matt and Chris have spoken to that there are 4 very solid coaches that are interested in the position.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw some names out there and see if they end up on the short list:

John Younce

Randy Ward

Larry Jordan

Candy Berry

Sandy Ferrer

Bob Kouns

Rex Cooksey

Jim Hicks

Roy Lucas

C. A. Noble is still out there somewhere:rolleyes:

I think this could be a good young energetic coach. Anyone heard why Pikeville fired him after one year and a regional runner-up finish?

This is from the Pikeville Coach Thread:

01-05-2009, 01:54 PM #14
NewRiverCoach
JV Player

icon1.gif

I won't go into any details on here but things happened on and off the field that lead to this firing. The 7-6 record was just a small piece of the puzzle.
user_online.gifinfraction.gif report.gif ip.gif progress.gifedit.gifquote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

I think this could be a good young energetic coach. Anyone heard why Pikeville fired him after one year and a regional runner-up finish?

Matt has checked him out pretty intensely and thinks that he basically got the shaft, he is one of the 4 that I think could be a good choice for our program.