The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the administration's job to push kids to lift weights.

I agree with this. When I was younger weightlifting started only one time and that was when you very first picked up a weight. I think it should be a 365 day a year thing. Now I know you don't always have access to the equipment but running sprints, push-ups and sit ups don't cost a thing. Someone has to encourage this attitude to compete with your Fort Thomas, St X and even your Raceland type schools IMO.

I guess 3-7 sounds good to them! I can tell a diffence in today football players than, when I played 6years ago. You could go to fitness world and see Russell, Raceland, Greenup County football players hitting it hard on their days off. Same at the YMCA with Ashland, Boyd County and Fairview football players. Where did they go?

IMO the reason some of the boys are not staying is not all the boys live in a short distance to the school. Alot of parents work and cannot get their kids from practice.I don't think that Raceland and other schools realize how convienent it is to be so close to your school. With that being said I also think that some of the boys are wondering what is going on with the talk of new weight equipment and new coach when is it all going to take place? When the kinks are all worked out then I believe we will see results with more staying.As far as being able to go to fitness world the economy is not in the best of shape right now and people are cutting back I know we could not afford something like that.But when I was in school amino acids and protein and a very strict weight lifting program was provided what has happened tho this?

County schools need to provide transportation for the kids that live far away. I know it occurs in other county school districts.

I have been an advocate of this point since I moved back here in 1998. It must not be possible.

We need to try and see why it's not being done... Because it most certainly does need to be done. Liability issue maybe, we will check into it..

Not if he meets one of the requirements to regain his eligibility. Mainly, this one:

a) BONA FIDE CHANGE IN RESIDENCE - If there has

been a bona fide change in residence by the parents

and student that precedes a student’s change of

schools.

Link

Finally.... someone who knows what they are talking about..... Thanks Ram... Rister had varsity playing time this year, that means he has to move into the Raceland District in order to have a chance of being eligible....

Not sure there are that many watching. I agree with getting a good coach for the players is very important. Just not sure how many in the area are watching. Greenup is known for basketball in the late 80's and 90's. Baseball is now the kingpin at GC.

Until Fraley was hired as hoops coach the other hires were big mistakes for GC hoops. Hopefully they do get the best man for the job.

Best of luck.

Don't worry, the "Ice Man" won't be giving any imput into this one.... not that anyone with half a brain would listen to him anyway.....

Lewis County runs three buses to three different areas of the county.

Something very similar is being discussed as a part of having the "new" middle school team practice on the GCHS campus..... they may try and run buses to each middls school following practice for all kids participating in extracurriculular activities.... and maybe another one going to some drop off point out in the county..... most of the time districts pay for this with ESS money, which comes from the federal government...... and we all know the feds have cut support for public schools the past few years......

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

something very similar is being discussed as a part of having the "new" middle school team practice on the GCHS campus..... they may try and run buses to each middls school following practice for all kids participating in extracurriculular activities.... and maybe another one going to some drop off point out in the county..... most of the time districts pay for this with ESS money, which comes from the federal government...... and we all know the feds have cut support for public schools the past few years......
We need a coach as soon as possible so that he can over see all of the changes that are being puposed.

I have heard this also, apparently this is something he is telling the other players at school. If Greenup doesn't get a certain coach, he is moving. This type of attitude is very negative and the other players already question whether his loyalty is to Greenup or to himself....

I don't care if the kid is 6'5" and weighs 230lbs, runs a 4.4, and throws the ball 60 yards on a frozen rope..... if he's telling guys who even might be his team mates next year, he's leaving unless a certain coach is hired then the kid has big problems.... I hope this is not the case..... the most important quality a quarterback HAS to have is leadership......