The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

Great! I am ready for football! The Banquet for last season is Sunday, Jan. 25 at 2pm. This would be a great time to meet the new coach.

I don't know if I agree or not, this is Coach Sammons last banquet, it is his time and his time with his football team. I don't think it would be appropriate for this, IMO

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if the kid is 6'5" and weighs 230lbs, runs a 4.4, and throws the ball 60 yards on a frozen rope..... if he's telling guys who even might be his team mates next year, he's leaving unless a certain coach is hired then the kid has big problems.... I hope this is not the case..... the most important quality a quarterback HAS to have is leadership......

Guys, I don't think it is fair to be taking shots at a high school sophomore for something he may or may not have said. If he is saying this, maybe he was planning it all along. Do you think that everything you hear regarding players transferring is 100% accurate? The only people that know for sure are the kid and his dad. IF he does transfer, then find out why instead of calling him names. There may be a valid answer to this, again, IF it happens.

Guys, I don't think it is fair to be taking shots at a high school sophomore for something he may or may not have said. If he is saying this, maybe he was planning it all along. Do you think that everything you hear regarding players transferring is 100% accurate? The only people that know for sure are the kid and his dad. IF he does transfer, then find out why instead of calling him names. There may be a valid answer to this, again, IF it happens.

Yea, just take the shots at the father, is probably behind it all anyway. I'm sure sidelinedoc you know more about the situation than any of us. :sssh:

Source said that the applicants for the GC football job are as follows:

Darryl Davis-former coach at Portsmouth East

Chris Mullins-Current GC Asst.

Bruce Hunt-former GC Asst.

Brian Meenach-GC Asst.

Thomas Blumette-??????

Joel Rodgers-??????

Mike Jones-coach at Estill Co.

Mike Copley:coach at Pikeville High School

Interested but did not apply: Herb Conley,Ray Graham,Reed Fields,Chris Ullery,Kyle McKnight

I did not intend my post as a "shot" at a sophomore... from what I've seen, he's a great kid.... and I'm not referring to his athletic ability... he seems to conduct himself extremely well on and off the field.... and I wish him the best... I was just making a statement that IF that's true, I would hope that someone close to him would give him some advice.... even if a move is being considered, it's not a good idea to go around talking about it.....

I did not intend my post as a "shot" at a sophomore... from what I've seen, he's a great kid.... and I'm not referring to his athletic ability... he seems to conduct himself extremely well on and off the field.... and I wish him the best... I was just making a statement that IF that's true, I would hope that someone close to him would give him some advice.... even if a move is being considered, it's not a good idea to go around talking about it.....

I agree.

I agree.

I agree as well... There is a lot more to it than what is being discussed in this forum and this forum is not the place to discuss such...

They are lifting in 7th period also. I know that some of the routines outlined by the strength coach are now being used during the weightlifting class. Besides transportation issues, one of the problems is that weightlifting for football is not really handled as a "team". Some boys stay, some work out during class, some are in other sports, others have jobs after school, and some just don't put in any effort at all. Greenup really needs some leadership and some organization getting the boys working together in the off season. Transportation would be a huge benefit...but having opportuntities to lift after school on other days (besides the M, W, Fri.) would also be a benefit.

I agree we do need some leadership and organization, I think that will come when we hire our new coach.

I don't know if I agree or not, this is Coach Sammons last banquet, it is his time and his time with his football team. I don't think it would be appropriate for this, IMO

:idunno: Oops, perhaps in my excitement I was a bit insensitive to Coach Sammons. I am looking forward to the selection of the new Coach and an opportunity to move forward at Greenup County. I don't believe in a magic answer. I realize it will take all of us, every Greenup County Fan, making the committment to support the new coach 100%, working together to support the team, showing up, volunteering, doing what it takes to make Greenup County the best it can be.

Finally.... someone who knows what they are talking about..... Thanks Ram... Rister had varsity playing time this year, that means he has to move into the Raceland District in order to have a chance of being eligible....

Rister allegedly enrolled in Raceland today. Anyone have confirmation?