The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

If they hire a coach by end of the month that puts him only a month in the weightroom before "Spring Ball". The big things in spring is ''NUMBERS", Hustling/fun and Offense/Defense basics. Does anybody know how many paid coach's they're going to have? 4 to 5 would be great with 2 Volunteer's.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that there were only 4 applications turned in as of 1-2-09. There were a few more that had inquired, but not turned in an application as of yet.

Not true at all.. I know who has applied and who hasn't and all the speculation on here about who has and how many have are not true, except for Conley, he is out, he would be coaching for free, retirement would not send him a check if he got the position.

We will hear something within the next two weeks and Coupon is right, it will probably be someone no one has even suggested yet. There are several really good candidates.

I'll throw some names out there and see if they end up on the short list:

John Younce

Randy Ward

Larry Jordan

Candy Berry

Sandy Ferrer

Bob Kouns

Rex Cooksey

Jim Hicks

Roy Lucas

Ward would definitely be on the "short" list!:ylsuper::jump:

If they hire a coach by end of the month that puts him only a month in the weightroom before "Spring Ball". The big things in spring is ''NUMBERS", Hustling/fun and Offense/Defense basics. Does anybody know how many paid coach's they're going to have? 4 to 5 would be great with 2 Volunteer's.

We have committments from the BOE to hire what our new head coach wants for assistants within reason and Matt also wants the coach to be able to bring his guys in to help as well.