Greenup County Football Coach

recpark

Greenup County will make the right decision whomever that person maybe, I have faith in Matt, Chris and the site base council and Dr. Hughes's final approval. We will get a good disciplinarian..

TJ hasn't said no yet...

Didn't TJ and Chris Alister coach together?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope TJ would not lower his morals after the way he was treated the first go round to go back to Greenup. I hope he makes the right choice and not the i wanna be a head coach again choice. What is out there to show that GC will not revert back to the way they have done it in the past.

I hope whoever they select that the person will start soon! The boys are still not lifting in weightlifting class. The work put in now, or not put in, as the case may be, impacts next season.

Isn't it the end of the 9 weeks and semester, won't the classes change in January.

I would hope TJ would not lower his morals after the way he was treated the first go round to go back to Greenup. I hope he makes the right choice and not the i wanna be a head coach again choice. What is out there to show that GC will not revert back to the way they have done it in the past.

TJ wouldn't be lowering his morals but it is a big decision for him no doubt, I have all the respect in the world for TJ and will support his decision either way, he or whoever gets this position will not be treated unfairly this time, Dr. Hughes will not let that happen...

I hope whoever they select that the person will start soon! The boys are still not lifting in weightlifting class. The work put in now, or not put in, as the case may be, impacts next season.

The job is posted and it takes time folks to get these things done, state playoffs are not over with yet, when they are over we will get our coach and get to work, in the mean time I am going to check on the strength and fitness person that is supposed to be starting in January, maybe we can get him started early, I will check on that ASAP.:thumb:

Coaches that are reading this, apply for this job, you can and will make a difference if you are the right person and you will have folks in the community that will do whatever you need done to get the program to where it needs to be and the support of the BOE and administration 110%, our new superintendent, Dr Hughes will see that happens, the time is right for GCHS...

Great athletes need a great coach!

TJ wouldn't be lowering his morals but it is a big decision for him no doubt, I have all the respect in the world for TJ and will support his decision either way, he or whoever gets this position will not be treated unfairly this time, Dr. Hughes will not let that happen...

recpark,

I am sorry but no matter how you looks at it he would be lowering his standards. If I was in his shoes I would tell the Greenup admin to take a hike and remind them what they had done in the past. I am sorry but Greenup is Greenup and will always have the division in the county and a terrible admin. The ONLY team they care about now is baseball.

Weightlifting is all year.

I know weight lifting is all year, the coach didn't resign from teaching just from being the head football coach. What I meant was another class will start in January when the new semester starts - this lets the senior boys out of the weight lifting class and take another class. That is all I meant.

Are you guys sure you should be discussing whether Coach Maynard is or is not taking this job? Has he officially been offered the job? Can the school offer a job before all applicants have been accepted or given the chance to apply? Just check this stuff out before causing issues in the hiring process. Even if it were true, if he were to deny it, you may be pushing away other possible applicants.

recpark,

I am sorry but no matter how you looks at it he would be lowering his standards. If I was in his shoes I would tell the Greenup admin to take a hike and remind them what they had done in the past. I am sorry but Greenup is Greenup and will always have the division in the county and a terrible admin. The ONLY team they care about now is baseball.

That will change.

Are you guys sure you should be discussing whether Coach Maynard is or is not taking this job? Has he officially been offered the job? Can the school offer a job before all applicants have been accepted or given the chance to apply? Just check this stuff out before causing issues in the hiring process. Even if it were true, if he were to deny it, you may be pushing away other possible applicants.

They are talking to a lot of folks Doc, he just happens to be one of them and nothing has been officially promised to anyone. We would like, as you state in this quote and I have during this thread, if a coach is reading this and they think they can make a difference, accept a challenge in turning a program around and develop good athletes into great athletes (GCHS has a ton of talent and a lot walking the halls) then he needs to apply for this position and take this job and turn the doubters into believers, he already has a lot of believers waiting on him.

Edited by recpark

I don't think he would be lowering his standards by going to coach Greenup again. If he wants to be a head coach again and wants to remain in the area, then he could probably do worse than the Greenup job. There is likely a lot of potential with the football program there.

Personally, though, I would hope he would wait for the Russell job when McGlone retires. But as it appears, that may never happen! :-)