Greenup County Football Coach

recpark

Now, let's try this again without bashing anyone.

I was told today that the site base council, Matt Baker and Chris Alister will be the ones to interview for the position in early January with Matt making the final decision on the position. No one has been contacted yet by the administration, however I am sure there are some folks they are going to go after very hard after the playoffs are over. Anyone that is interested needs to officially apply at the BOE.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Im a little in the dark about this..guess I havent been keeping up with my local football news lately, I've been way to busy with homework! But anyways, what is the situation with Sammons? Was he fired or did he just step down?

ok Im a little in the dark about this..guess I havent been keeping up with my local football news lately, I've been way to busy with homework! But anyways, what is the situation with Sammons? Was he fired or did he just step down?

He resigned officially Monday. He told the players Friday after the game.

The powers that be need to go after who they want whether they say they have or haven't approached anyone. Don't sit back and wait on applicants, go tell them that "We want you."

I agree and when that person is decided upon he needs to be given all the tools that it takes to make a program successful and not be handcuffed at the knees or you are just setting the program up for continued failure. I truly believe that is one of the main reasons our program has a 41% winning average.

I agree and when that person is decided upon he needs to be given all the tools that it takes to make a program successful and not be handcuffed at the knees or you are just setting the program up for continued failure. I truly believe that is one of the main reasons our program has a 41% winning average.

:thumb:

The administration, coaching staff and community all play a vital role in the success of a football program. The talent is present and there is no reason Greenup could and should be competitive. A huge problem for Greenup is the loss of some very talented players in recent history(Troxler, Reed, Beach, Terry) to the highly successful Rams. Hopefully, Mr. Baker will keep this in mind when hiring the next head coach.

The administration, coaching staff and community all play a vital role in the success of a football program. The talent is present and there is no reason Greenup could and should be competitive. A huge problem for Greenup is the loss of some very talented players in recent history(Troxler, Reed, Beach, Terry) to the highly successful Rams. Hopefully, Mr. Baker will keep this in mind when hiring the next head coach.

Great post!:thumb:

^ Very good point. I have always said, along with Rob Rister, they need to run a bus or two to certain points to either pick them up for practice (when school is not in session) and to take them home. Drop off points would help the parents who live away from the Lloyd area.

Just a little food for thought when hiring a new coach can anyone tell me what the four most successful sports programs are at Greenup Ccounty? Times up! I can tell you, first is cheerleading, followed closely by baseball, then comes boys and girls golf in no particular order, this is based on the last few years. Now can anyone tell me what all of these have in common, times up again, I can. All of these sports are coached by non teachers, which I can tell you personally that none of these coaches are doing it for the money. That would include Cand Berry, Greg Logan, Roger Gillum,and Lou Quillen.Maybe we should look for a coach thats willing to put time into the program because they want it to succeed, not because they are looking for a paycheck.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13