Greenup County Football Coach

recpark

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of people from inside the program who want Coach Preston(presently QB coach at Fairview). Know for a fact every kid on the team would play hard on every down for him. He's a good coach, experienced, has the personality to work with gc and the players want him there. The question is would he be interested???

I seriously doubt that they will hire someone with no head coaching experience for this job, & someone who had previously been on Coach Sammon's staff. Doesn't seem like that would be a good mix if they are trying to move in a different direction.

I'd think that they'll continue to search for a high profile candidate (although it will be difficult to find if they're already established & happy somewhere else) to take this job if they truly want to turn this thing around.

Edited by The Cerebral Assassin
rewording

I seriously doubt that they will hire someone with no head coaching experience for this job, & someone who had previously been on Coach Sammon's staff. Doesn't seem like that would be a good mix if they are trying to move in a different direction.

I'd think that they'll continue to search for a high profile candidate (although it will be difficult to find if they're already established & happy somewhere else) to take this job if they truly want to turn this thing around.

I guess your cerebrum doesn't comprehend that ALL head coaches had to start with their first head coaching job. I think the direction Greenup is trying to move in is to commit to being successful!!! The reputation that Greenup has for treating their head coaches is poor and I think luring a high profile candidate is dismal. It may prove hard even getting a quality assistant coach that is already at a good program. People at Greenup who know Preston understand they would be lucky to get him. If memory serves me correct, the only year he was here we made it to the region finals for the first time in 30 years(and that's at Greenup Co.). Coach Preston at GC is purely speculation, who knows if he would even want to come back. IMPORTANT TO NOTE: He isn't from GC. :p

Anyone who thinks Preston was the reason GC did well in the playoffs last year or is the reason Fairview did well this year is a complete idiot..... Preston tried to get back in at Raceland after GC let him go and Raceland didn't want him, what does that tell you? He talks a good game, and looks the part (I think everything the man owns is UnderArmour)... but he is NOT head coaching material!!!!! People in coaching and administration know this already....

I guess your cerebrum doesn't comprehend that ALL head coaches had to start with their first head coaching job. I think the direction Greenup is trying to move in is to commit to being successful!!! The reputation that Greenup has for treating their head coaches is poor and I think luring a high profile candidate is dismal. It may prove hard even getting a quality assistant coach that is already at a good program. People at Greenup who know Preston understand they would be lucky to get him. If memory serves me correct, the only year he was here we made it to the region finals for the first time in 30 years(and that's at Greenup Co.). Coach Preston at GC is purely speculation, who knows if he would even want to come back. IMPORTANT TO NOTE: He isn't from GC. :p
LOL

Big daddy. Let me educate you on the facts regarding coach Preston. It is a FACT not opinion Greenup's offensive production was dismal compared to last year. Compare the statistics from KHSAA 2007 to 2008 if you can. It is a FACT he was involved in the offensive side of the ball. The talent from this year to last year did not drop that significantly if at all. Secondly "big daddy" Greenup did not "let" him go. Mr. Baker saw fit not to fill a teaching position with coach Preston. Obviously Mr. Baker wanted to fill the postion with a teacher with more experience. That is not a knock on Coach Preston. Mr. Baker has his own challenges in trying to cover his inadequate leadership at the high school based on their scores. Coach Preston did what any MAN would do. That is, take a teaching position to help support his family. Obviously you pay attention to coach Preston to know what his clothing apparrell is on a daily basis. That is extremely odd to say the least. Big daddy please tell Gary McPeek and Coach McPeek they dont know what they are doing when they hired Coach Preston. You obviously know more about football than these two winning coaches and men. Stick to what you know.

Edited by Ram
Rule 2

1. Preston was replaced by a first year teacher...

2. the talent level at GC dropped dramatically from last year... they lost almost the entire offensive and defensive lines and their top 2 running backs....I also read some of your previous posts were you talked about GC being inexperienced.....

3. we'll see how long McPeek keeps him around....

4. what does a membership to the Greg Preston fan club cost??? figured I'd ask you, since you're obviously the president....

5. I don't have anything personal against GP, he's a nice guy and a good family man... he's just not the guy for the job at GC

1. Preston was replaced by a first year teacher...

2. the talent level at GC dropped dramatically from last year... they lost almost the entire offensive and defensive lines and their top 2 running backs....I also read some of your previous posts were you talked about GC being inexperienced.....

3. we'll see how long McPeek keeps him around....

4. what does a membership to the Greg Preston fan club cost??? figured I'd ask you, since you're obviously the president....

5. I don't have anything personal against GP, he's a nice guy and a good family man... he's just not the guy for the job at GC

No bashing of anyone, please, or we will get shut down and as far as the talent level, it didn't drop dramatically in the skilled positions, yes, we were young but there was not a drop in talent, experience yes, raw talent absolutely not..

Maybe I should have said, younger, inexperienced players.... I agree that there were some pretty good skill position players for GC.... I think the Musketeers could have a bright future with the right coach... they have a strong sophomore class... most of which will be starting next year as juniors.... those kids will need to step up bigtime... and need to get in the weightroom NOW!!!

Only takes one really good one that is determined to get the job done.

True but I know when I am hiring someone, I like to interview a lot of quality applicants for the position, makes it competitive and that usually brings the cream to the top.:thumb: