Greenup County Football Coach

recpark

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know weight lifting is all year, the coach didn't resign from teaching just from being the head football coach. What I meant was another class will start in January when the new semester starts - this lets the senior boys out of the weight lifting class and take another class. That is all I meant.

:thumb:Ok, I get it now! That is good that the seniors have an opportunity to take another class. Does Sammons "teach" anything besides weightlifting? Because he sure isn't doing that right now!

TJ wouldn't be lowering his morals but it is a big decision for him no doubt, I have all the respect in the world for TJ and will support his decision either way, he or whoever gets this position will not be treated unfairly this time, Dr. Hughes will not let that happen...

The job is posted and it takes time folks to get these things done, state playoffs are not over with yet, when they are over we will get our coach and get to work, in the mean time I am going to check on the strength and fitness person that is supposed to be starting in January, maybe we can get him started early, I will check on that ASAP.:thumb:

Coaches that are reading this, apply for this job, you can and will make a difference if you are the right person and you will have folks in the community that will do whatever you need done to get the program to where it needs to be and the support of the BOE and administration 110%, our new superintendent, Dr Hughes will see that happens, the time is right for GCHS...

Great athletes need a great coach!

REC u seem to be keeping up with this process pretty good. Do u see a sleeper that no one has heard about getting this job?

Another thing to keep in mind is the economic opportunities in the Greenup area. I have spoken to both Jerry and Roy Lucas and even IF either was interested, they have working wives that cannot make the money or have the same opportunity (job) in this area. So, even though they may have an interest in the job, the answer is no. There is not a lot to offer advanced degree spouses to entice their husbands to transfer here to coach at GC.

Another thing to keep in mind is the economic opportunities in the Greenup area. I have spoken to both Jerry and Roy Lucas and even IF either was interested, they have working wives that cannot make the money or have the same opportunity (job) in this area. So, even though they may have an interest in the job, the answer is no. There is not a lot to offer advanced degree spouses to entice their husbands to transfer here to coach at GC.

I have a couple of positions open here doc...

Do you pay enough? I'll apply. Heck, maybe you can hire my wife. She might like the change of pace. She's tired of cleaning teeth.

Groups Sales coordinator and a Cook II both pay pretty good, so there are opportunities for coaches wives if need be...

I know in a previous thread it was mentioned about getting the boys rides to and from practce is this going to be done by the school like pick up and drop off points or is this being done by indivual people? I believe if there was some sort of transportation then alot more of the boys would have the chance to play.