Greenup County Football Coach

recpark

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing all this money flashed around - but who is going to support the daily needs of the team i.e. cleats, arm bands, coaches shirts & hats, etc.? And where is the money coming from for a new position a strength coach and what type of transportation are you talking about? Isn't this a little a head of us right now?

This stuff is paid for by the school....hopefully all of the improvements to facilities will attract some great applicants...

39 players returning with a really good junior class coming in, they dominated at the Freshman level and only lost to Ashland when they were Freshman in JV and Freshman ball, a lot of talent if they stay together and that will all depend on our coach that we bring into GCHS, I really think the future is very bright.

The really good thing is there are a lot of great athletes walking the halls at GCHS too and the right coach will bring them out too.

All true statements.... but everyone needs to understand that even a bunch of telented juniors, are still just that.... juniors... GC can be about 6-5 next year, best case scenario... with the right coaches in place... people just need to stay positive, support the staff and great things can happen...

All true statements.... but everyone needs to understand that even a bunch of telented juniors, are still just that.... juniors... GC can be about 6-5 next year, best case scenario... with the right coaches in place... people just need to stay positive, support the staff and great things can happen...

BigDaddy, I like your positive attitude, that shows me that the GCHS staff at the school is serious about what we need done and I for one appreciate that very much, count on my commitment to do whatever it takes to assist.

Trust me, I have given more than you know and more than I care to share. Anyone who knows me, knows what I have done. Just because I went to school and worked hard for what I have doesn't mean I can't/won't get my hands dirty. Horrible thing when people assume.:sssh:

Doc, we appreciate all you do for GCHS and our community! :thumb:

39 players returning with a really good junior class coming in, they dominated at the Freshman level and only lost to Ashland when they were Freshman in JV and Freshman ball, a lot of talent if they stay together and that will all depend on our coach that we bring into GCHS, I really think the future is very bright.

The really good thing is there are a lot of great athletes walking the halls at GCHS too and the right coach will bring them out too.

Sophmores still has some untapped talent, if the right coash could get everyone on board. They would beat Russel at Russel their Senior year. That would be a great way to start the season. Break the losing streak GC has @ Mcglone field.:thumb:

You can have all the equipment in the world... great coaching, and all the community and administrative support in the world, without a bunch of kids busting their tails in the weight room, the record next year won't be any better than this year... we'll be dominated by juniors next year who will really have their work cut out for them... this may be a 2 year process, so everyone needs to stay positive, support the new coach when he's hired and don't pout and start putting out "feelers" to other schools when things don't go your way... that's the number 1 problem at GC.... selfishness, when someone does not get their way, they want to take their kids elsewhere, blame the SS Mafia, the "good ole' boy system", lack of administrative support, etc......

Things can change, but we've all got to stick together.... we may even get some folks to come back home..... hear that Doc?? I sure would love to see you wearing green and gold again.....

This is what we need more of, this type of attitude, and yes Doc, Green/Gold and Black would look real good on you brother.. :thumb: