Mayfield Vs Louisville Holy Cross

Toothpick

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

I don't believe Louisville Holy Cross has very much traditon in football. They have never made it out of the thrid round of the playoffs. Mayfield wins this one they have been there before and done this many times before. Traditon moves on in this one. Make a run to state Mayfield. Your best wishes from Danville.

I don't believe Louisville Holy Cross has very much traditon in football. They have never made it out of the thrid round of the playoffs. Mayfield wins this one they have been there before and done this many times before. Traditon moves on in this one. Make a run to state Mayfield. Your best wishes from Danville.

Thanks so much for your best wishes from Danville, but much of the football tradition that I speak of comes from Holy Cross being at the same physical facility as Bishop David. Holy Cross is a relatively newly formed school after the breakup of Bishop David and Angela Merici. Bishop David had a number of All-State football players when they played against the Trinity and St. X’s of the world. I believe there was a particular year when Bishop David was the school that knocked off a previously unbeaten Trinity. Bishop David was a much smaller school giving the big boys everything they wanted. When schools played Bishop David, they knew they were going to play a team that played smash-mouth football. In 2001-2004, Holy Cross went 11-2, 10-2, 12-1, and 11-2. There has been coaching changes. Tuition has gone up to make it challenging for South End Louisville parents to send their children to Desales or Holy Cross. I know that Danville battled Holy Cross on a regular basis, but please give the program the respect that it deserves.

They have made it to the 4th round at least 4 times . They could never get over the hump , but the funny thing is that 3 of the times that they made it there they had to play your Admiral team . Where were you when that went down ? Holy Cross is not as rich in tradition as Danville or Mayfield but they are no slouch either .

They have made it to the 4th round at least 4 times . They could never get over the hump , but the funny thing is that 3 of the times that they made it there they had to play your Admiral team . Where were you when that went down ? Holy Cross is not as rich in tradition as Danville or Mayfield but they are no slouch either .

Trust me...no one from Mayfield thinks that Holy Cross is a slouch by any means...we know exactly what Holy Cross has accomplished the past few years in high school football. You have our utmost respect and we are anticipating a very combative and clean game this Friday night.

Yeah, I felt that our players had respect for Bethlehem even with their woes coming into last Friday night and I don't expect it to be any different tomorrow night. I just wish I was staying in a hotel room instead of making the long drive back, :(.

Umm I was there Cougar number 2. Get it right we always played Mayfield in the 4th round which is the Semi State Finals. Holy Cross never made it out of the 3rd round and 3 years ago you all never made it out of the second round when you all faced us.

You are absolutely correct . I stand corrected . I would have bet a 1000.00 that a couple of the times that Danville beat us it was to go to the Championship . Either way Danville killed our souls like 4 or 5 years in a row , most of them in heartbreaking fashion .