Cannon Banned?

ddky1970

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Stupid refs, mostly. Your boys shot my hat clean off as I ran by one time!

I miss Boom and the boys on the sideline, but I for one am glad that they moved the battery to higher ground. Makes it harder to hit a moving target!

That was you?:eek: I completely and totally appologize . Thank you for being a kind understanding person with a sense of "humor", well as much humor as you could find with being blown up by a cannon, but you showed class and understanding when it happened.

The Highlands cannon is now in a much, much safer place.

That was you?:eek: I completely and totally appologize . Thank you for being a kind understanding person with a sense of "humor", well as much humor as you could find with being blown up by a cannon, but you showed class and understanding when it happened.

The Highlands cannon is now in a much, much safer place.

Unless you're Boom and the boys...

I read an article about the Scott County cannon earlier this season. Like stated above, I belive it was either a fireman or EMS, and he was walking near the cannon after a score. If I can remember correctly the blast blew both eardrums. They actually had a picture on Kentucky.com of him during the blast. Below is from their web page Oct, 16.

Booming cannons celebrate Friday night TDs at several high schools across Kentucky, including Highlands and Lafayette. But the cannon won't be used at Scott County football games any longer. Not after a scary scene played out during the Cardinals' game with Madison Central at Toyota Stadium last week. After Josh Walls scored a tying TD in the fourth quarter, a cannon, loaded with gun powder and flour, was fired. Unfortunately, Jason Skinner, a Georgetown fireman, stepped into the line of fire a few feet away. The blast ruptured one of his ear drums, and gun powder speckled the left side of his face. His vision was also affected. He was taken away in an ambulance. A spokesman for the Georgetown Fire Department said Skinner will be off work for a while and will undergo surgery on his face. Scott County school administrator Joe Pat Covington said the cannon has been put away, and he doubts it will be used again.

That was you?:eek: Thank you for being a kind understanding person with a sense of "humor", well as much humor as you could find with being blown up by a cannon, but you showed class and understanding when it happened.

You must be mistaking me for somebody else! :D

Really, I was referring to a 'flop' I took several years ago as I ran past the cannon--I think it was the Highlands v. Boyle County game in 2004. We had a good laugh with it, but by no means was I hurt in any way.

If somebody really did get hurt, I apologize for making light of it.

I read an article about the Scott County cannon earlier this season. Like stated above, I belive it was either a fireman or EMS, and he was walking near the cannon after a score. If I can remember correctly the blast blew both eardrums. They actually had a picture on Kentucky.com of him during the blast. Below is from their web page Oct, 16.

Booming cannons celebrate Friday night TDs at several high schools across Kentucky, including Highlands and Lafayette. But the cannon won't be used at Scott County football games any longer. Not after a scary scene played out during the Cardinals' game with Madison Central at Toyota Stadium last week. After Josh Walls scored a tying TD in the fourth quarter, a cannon, loaded with gun powder and flour, was fired. Unfortunately, Jason Skinner, a Georgetown fireman, stepped into the line of fire a few feet away. The blast ruptured one of his ear drums, and gun powder speckled the left side of his face. His vision was also affected. He was taken away in an ambulance. A spokesman for the Georgetown Fire Department said Skinner will be off work for a while and will undergo surgery on his face. Scott County school administrator Joe Pat Covington said the cannon has been put away, and he doubts it will be used again.

What the heck!!!!! On a serious note, i hope Jason Skinner fully recovers.

Really, I was referring to a 'flop' I took several years ago as I ran past the cannon--I think it was the Highlands v. Boyle County game in 2004. We had a good laugh with it, but by no means was I hurt in any way.

No, that is exactly the incident I was thinking of and honestly sat in the stands thinking, well we have had fun with the cannon but I was affraid its days were over. Really glad you were ok, and very thankful that you are an understanding person.:thumb:

Well it wasn't me that pulled the trigger. I wasn't on the CREW yet. I didn't start helping out until 2005. I went from helping out at the beginning of 2005 to packing and shooting at the end of 2005. The last of the previous cannon crew members decided to retire midseason. I was in Florida for that HHS/Bolye game anyhow, so i can't take credit for trying to soil your pants.:D