Cannon Banned?

ddky1970

Well it wasn't me that pulled the trigger...so i can't take credit for trying to soil your pants.:D

Okay, you're not responsible for that specific load in my knickers. I'm still not a member of your fan club. :D

Seriously, when I retire from reffing, I wanna apply for a position on the howitzer crew! BAM!

Edited by offside

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it wasn't me that pulled the trigger. I wasn't on the CREW yet. I didn't start helping out until 2005. I went from helping out at the beginning of 2005 to packing and shooting at the end of 2005. The last of the previous cannon crew members decided to retire midseason. I was in Florida for that HHS/Bolye game anyhow, so i can't take credit for trying to soil your pants.:D

Always passing the BUCK.:D Pardon the pun.

This used to be a potential problem, but since they moved the cannon to the "Birds Nest", anyone standing in front of it now would find that the cannon going off would be the least of their problems...the 40 foot drop poses a much larger hazard.
Now all you have to worry about is the occasional smoky ember landing on you from above.

Oh, and smoke inhalation from the out-of-control cook-out going on in the end zone. :cool:

My son works the cannon at Ohio U. The cannon is crewed by the ROTC and they take their duties very seriously. I think they usually have a loader, swabber, rammer, battery captain and several others whose job is simply to make sure that no one is in the line of fire. The cannon doesn't fire until everyone gives a thumbs up.