Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannon Banned?

Featured Replies

Was the cannnon banned at Scott County after the incident earlier this year?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering that myself.

What incident occured?

 

I think I read something about an incident with the cannon at Highlands earlier this year. I can't remember exactly what happened.

The cannon at Scott County went off and injured a fireman or policeman infront of it after a Cardinal TD. This happened during the Madison Central game.

It's a civil war cannon, it's supposed to shoot people...

The cannon at Scott County went off and injured a fireman or policeman infront of it after a Cardinal TD. This happened during the Madison Central game.

 

I think the player that scored the TD had some damage to his hearing as well.

The cannon at Scott County went off and injured a fireman or policeman infront of it after a Cardinal TD. This happened during the Madison Central game.

 

This used to be a potential problem, but since they moved the cannon to the "Birds Nest", anyone standing in front of it now would find that the cannon going off would be the least of their problems...the 40 foot drop poses a much larger hazard.

This used to be a potential problem, but since they moved the cannon to the "Birds Nest", anyone standing in front of it now would find that the cannon going off would be the least of their problems...the 40 foot drop poses a much larger hazard.

 

I prefer "elevated bunker"...

This used to be a potential problem, but since they moved the cannon to the "Birds Nest", anyone standing in front of it now would find that the cannon going off would be the least of their problems...the 40 foot drop poses a much larger hazard.

 

I am thinkin' the greatest danger and risk of injury is the cannon crew, with cannon, falling through the roof and into the visiting team's locker room. Some of them boys weigh more than the cannon! ;)

The cannon at Scott County went off and injured a fireman or policeman infront of it after a Cardinal TD. This happened during the Madison Central game.

 

 

Well Duh, who in their right mind stands infront of a cannon.:confused:

Well Duh, who in their right mind stands infront of a cannon.:confused:

 

 

That's kinda what I was thinkin...:confused:

After the accident earlier in the year at Scott County, they decided to put the cannon in storage for good.

Well Duh, who in their right mind stands infront of a cannon.:confused:

 

:lol: Stupid refs, mostly. Your boys shot my hat clean off as I ran by one time!

 

I miss Boom and the boys on the sideline, but I for one am glad that they moved the battery to higher ground. Makes it harder to hit a moving target!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.