Honest Query for Obamaites

Putting all the fertilizer aside, give those of us who feel that Obama is, to be nice, an empty suit concrete reasons (even one) for voting for Obama. What has he accomplished?

Don't give us the law school graduate argument because thousands graduate from law school each year and Harvard, in reality, doesn't produce any better lawyers than does any other law school. Don't tell us that he was a brilliant student because no one knows what grades he earned at any level of his education Don't tell us he was a community organizer because we don't have any information as to what he really did other than register voters for the Democrats of Illinois. Don't tell us he is a U.S. Senator because he has introduced no legislation on his own and has spent half of his term running for president. Don't tell us he is a self-made man because it is obvious that he has a number of liberal handlers and promoters. All of the statements in this paragraph are examples of "fertilizer". also, don't waste our time by taking shots at Palin, McCain, and Bush. That has nothing to do with my query (The "they are worse" argument and feel good "we need change" argument, as Harry Callihan said, "don't get it". So don't insult us with them.

So, now that we have gotten rid of the manure, give us some real information.:cool:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting all the fertilizer aside, give those of us who feel that Obama is, to be nice, an empty suit concrete reasons (even one) for voting for Obama. What has he accomplished?

Don't give us the law school graduate argument because thousands graduate from law school each year. Don't tell us that he was a brilliant student because no one knows what grades he earned at any level of his education Don't tell us he was a community organizer because we don't have any information as to what he really did other than register voters for the Democrats of Illinois. Don't tell us he is a U.S. Senator because he has introduced no legislation on his own and has spent half of his term running for president. Don't tell us he is a self-made man because it is obvious that he has a number of liberal handlers and promoters. All of the statements in this paragraph are examples of "fertilizer".

So, now that we have gotten rid of the manure, give us some real information.:cool:

What he has accomplished is, he has talked to middle America on alot of issues that needed to be discussed. He has ran a way better and cleaner campaign than McCain.

Senator Obama has focused on tackling the challenges of a globalized, 21st-century world with fresh thinking and judgment that no longer settles for the lowest common denominator. Recognizing the terrorist threat posed by weapons of mass destruction, he traveled to Russia with Republican Richard Lugar to begin a new generation of non-proliferation efforts designed to find and secure deadly weapons around the world. Understanding the threat we face to our economy and our security from America's addiction to oil, he's working to bring auto companies, unions, farmers, businesses, and politicians of both parties together to promote the greater use of alternative fuels and higher fuel standards in our cars. He has been a leading voice in championing ethics reform that would change the culture of corruption in Washington. Whether it's the poverty exposed by Katrina, the genocide in Darfur, the needs of America’s veterans, or the challenges facing working Americans during hard economic times, Senator Obama continues to lead on the issues that will define America in the 21st century. During his eight years in the Illinois state Senate, Senator Obama worked with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. He also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

No way do I want someone who has voted with Bush 90% of the time taking over this Country. If by some miracle McCain were to win this election, god help us all.

What he has accomplished is, he has talked to middle America on alot of issues that needed to be discussed. He has ran a way better and cleaner campaign than McCain.

Senator Obama has focused on tackling the challenges of a globalized, 21st-century world with fresh thinking and judgment that no longer settles for the lowest common denominator. Recognizing the terrorist threat posed by weapons of mass destruction, he traveled to Russia with Republican Richard Lugar to begin a new generation of non-proliferation efforts designed to find and secure deadly weapons around the world. Understanding the threat we face to our economy and our security from America's addiction to oil, he's working to bring auto companies, unions, farmers, businesses, and politicians of both parties together to promote the greater use of alternative fuels and higher fuel standards in our cars. He has been a leading voice in championing ethics reform that would change the culture of corruption in Washington. Whether it's the poverty exposed by Katrina, the genocide in Darfur, the needs of America’s veterans, or the challenges facing working Americans during hard economic times, Senator Obama continues to lead on the issues that will define America in the 21st century. During his eight years in the Illinois state Senate, Senator Obama worked with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. He also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

No way do I want someone who has voted with Bush 90% of the time taking over this Country. If by some miracle McCain were to win this election, god help us all.

So he has talked to, focused on, recognized, traveled to begin, working with, been a leading voice, worked with again and voted present over 90 times. The question was pertaining to accomplishments.

Where has he used executive leadership skills and what were the positive results directly affected by his leadership? I led a blind hog to an ACORN once but I don't count that as an accomplishment. Pun intended.

It doesn't matter what anyone says in this forum who supports Obama and in the state of Ky, I know the score.

Like I've said over and over, if the Republicans had a better choice things may be different. John McCain is not a good choice, nor does he make good choice's.

It doesn't matter what anyone says in this forum who supports Obama and in the state of Ky, I know the score.

Like I've said over and over, if the Republicans had a better choice things may be different. John McCain is not a good choice, nor does he make good choice's.

Let's try and stay light hearted with all this bantering. Here is something I posted on another thread that explains how I feel about all this.

If all the rhetoric, media spin and economics confuse you or don't help in making your decision on how to vote come Tuesday, Pray first then dig deep and use your morals as a guide. If you do that, it doesn't matter how you voted, win or lose, you voted correctly.

I want to make one thing clear. Sometimes we overstate our differences when discussing politics, especially this year. Just because I support McCain and disagree with almost every policy of Obama's, I would never think that any of you were any less of a Patriot than I am.

I am a lifelong Republican and am voting for McCain, dispute my lack of enthusiasm for Palin. (Just wanted to get that out there before making my comments). I have participated in very, very few political threads on BGP because there's generally no point - everyone (including myself, admittedly) already has their minds made up and opinions that can't be swayed.

I have tried moreso than any previous election to give a hard, thorough look at the Democratic presidential candidate. I, too, can find no legitimate reason to vote for Obama. The man is very articulate and gives a great speech. He presents himself well and seems very friendly and likeable - heck, I wouldn't mind shooting some hoops with him. But honestly, without being sarcastic, what truly has the man done? He is a political featherweight. He talks a great game, but just has no track record of any meaningful accomplishments. I am not an Obama-hater. And, frankly, I'm not in love with McCain, but I can't see any argument in which he is not the more qualified man to be President. Baseballguy - no offense intended - but go back and read your post and really look to see what you identified as his major accomplishments. They are not particularly impressive.

^

The man is 47 years old. Of course he hasn't been able to accomplish what others have, but he has been able to make a differance. Your right, he is articulate and presents himself well and seems very friendly and likeable. I have never been in politics nor will I ever be, but you can't tell me that all of the Politicians who have said great things about Obama are that stupid. Not just Democrats, but Republicans as well. I'm not blind and those other Politicians aren't either. The one thing I do have in common with them is, I see something in Obama, and so do they. I do not dislike McCain. I don't think Palin was a good choice as his running mate. I believe he chose her for all the wrong reasons and I didn't like that. I also think he probably regrets it. He has became very bitter because of the polls, in house fighting as well. That isn't what this Country needs right now.

Since the originator of this thread has given us quite the laundry list of what we are not permitted to say; I'll keep my remarks brief. I have made no secret of the fact that there is one issue that is by far and away the most important to me this election year. To paraphrase Edwin Starr; "War, what is it good for?"

Period.

Well, I though the question was for people supporting Obama. But, as always, it's yet another thread that has turned into bashing Obama. So, I'll forego the opportunity, but I do thank you for asking.

Didn't take long, did it? Not a record, but close.