Is Palin a "Whack Job"? A "Diva"?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Campaign advisors like to work with puppets. They hate when their candidate has a real opinion.

I would pay good money to hear Sarah Palin talk at length about issues I value in an executive. If she could, she would be. However, it appears her opinion is limited to demagoguery and cliches.

Actually, Biden is not a millionaire either. I read about a month ago that this is the first election where neither VP candidate was rich. In fact, the net worth of Biden and Palin combined did not reach $1,000,000. I do agree that she has more 'regular folk' sensibilities than most candidates, but we have to be honest about Biden not being wealthy as well. Now McCain and Obama are not hurting on the personal finance front, that's for sure.
Not to be contentious, but simply to keep the facts straight:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008809060343

"Though he's considered one of the least wealthy senators -- his net worth dwarfed by several multimillionaire attorneys and entrepreneurs -- Biden is a wealthy man by ordinary standards -- worth about $2 million but perhaps hundreds of thousand dollars more, a News Journal analysis found.

Like many Americans, Biden's house is his most valuable asset.

First elected to the Senate 36 years ago, the former lawyer lives off Barley Mill Road in Greenville -- northern Delaware's priciest area -- on a four-acre lakefront estate in a 7,000-square-foot custom home. Biden also owns a smaller carriage house on his property, where his widowed mother lives.

Local real estate agents said the Biden property is worth at least $2.5 million -- $1.8 million more than the couple owes."

Is Palin a "Whack Job"? A "Diva"?

Hmmmm, let me see... which negative option do I choose?

Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

Palin appears to have more common sense and more in common with average Americans than any of the other three candidates. She's the only one not currently a milllionaire. If she were only a democrat, she'd be the darling of the media. The hatchet job that continues to be done on her is shameful.

This may be the most amazing thing about this whole election. The fact that there is actually people who think this stuff.

If Biden isn't a millionaire after all those years as a US Senator, he must be spending even more of his money on Botox than even his appearance indicates.

:laugh:

Actually, he isn't. After looking at their finances, one of the news networks (I think it was MSNBC) reported that Biden's net worth was under $600,000 and Palin's was under $400,000. McCain and Obama were a different story, but their VPs are not wealthy.

I think the other part is that he has either hit it well or has not taken special interest money as many others on the Hill have done over they years.

This may be the most amazing thing about this whole election. The fact that there is actually people who think this stuff.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm equally amazed by the apparent blindness of those who can't at least acknowlege a grain of truth because it doesn't conform to their political agenda or desired worldview. :thumb:

Not to be contentious, but simply to keep the facts straight:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008809060343

"Though he's considered one of the least wealthy senators -- his net worth dwarfed by several multimillionaire attorneys and entrepreneurs -- Biden is a wealthy man by ordinary standards -- worth about $2 million but perhaps hundreds of thousand dollars more, a News Journal analysis found.

Like many Americans, Biden's house is his most valuable asset.

First elected to the Senate 36 years ago, the former lawyer lives off Barley Mill Road in Greenville -- northern Delaware's priciest area -- on a four-acre lakefront estate in a 7,000-square-foot custom home. Biden also owns a smaller carriage house on his property, where his widowed mother lives.

Local real estate agents said the Biden property is worth at least $2.5 million -- $1.8 million more than the couple owes."

I stand corrected. The report I read said differently, but it appears to have been wrong. That's what I get for believing anything that MSNBC said.

And I am amazed by folks who actually believe that increasing the minimum wage by 45%, increasing taxes on businesses when we are already the 2nd highest in the world, proposing $900 billion in new spending, and increasing taxes on any US taxpayer will increase jobs and is good for the economy! Apparently, by the polls, there are TONS of people who either don't understand or actually believe this.

I thought you, a staunch none of the abover, were done with the attack posts.

How is this an attack from me? I thought it, and have said repeatedly, that it was very stupid of the McCain aides to do this. I didn't call her these things...McCain's aids did.

I would pay good money to hear Sarah Palin talk at length about issues I value in an executive. If she could, she would be. However, it appears her opinion is limited to demagoguery and cliches.
I have yet to hear a single political opponent or government official who has either worked with or run against Palin who has not been complimentary of her executive skills. All of the opinions that Palin is some kind of a dunce seems to be coming from people who rely solely on the mainstream media for their knowledge. Maybe that impression would be different if the media had done its job and interviewed more people who have had first hand dealings with Palin.

:lol: This is some reliable stuff - it came straight from the Huffington Post. Hannity asked McCain about these rumors yesterday during an interview. McCain said that no two candidates every agree on every issue and that he never expected Gov. Palin to agree with him 100 percent but that they share a common vision of America. McCain said that he was very proud of Palin's efforts on the campaign trail and, IMO, he was beaming with pride when he said it.

If McCain loses this election, I do not believe for a minute that he will blame Palin for the loss. I honestly believe that he is proud of his decision to select her as his running mate.

Re-read the link please. Huffington cited their sources. The "Diva" comment was reported by CNN.com and the "Whack job" comment was reported by Politico.com.

And of course McCain said those things, he's not an idiot. He isn't going to come out and say that these things are true while he is still trying to win an election. That's blatantly obvious :lol:.

Re-read the link please. Huffington cited their sources. The "Diva" comment was reported by CNN.com and the "Whack job" comment was reported by Politico.com.

And of course McCain said those things, he's not an idiot. He isn't going to come out and say that these things are true while he is still trying to win an election. That's blatantly obvious :lol:.

I have stopped reading anything that the Huffington Post publishes. I have found that they simply fabricate too many "facts" and refuse to correct the record when they are caught lying. Huffington Post is just a notch above the Daily Kos in that regard.