Giants 21 Steelers 14

The Oline for Pitt is not very good and while Big Ben is tough + hard to bring down I don't think he is nearly as good as he is blown up to be. This was a prime example of what a pass rush can do to a good QB.

Well they run block good, but don't do a very good job of keeping our Pro bowl, super bowl winning, QB off the dirt...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they run block good, but don't do a very good job of keeping our Pro bowl, super bowl winning, QB off the dirt...

Now days Pro Bowl means very little because of injuries and people turning it down. Super Bowl..... what did he do there? Bettis isn't back there anymore. He is good, he is the hardest QB to bring down in the NFL but he is also overrated IMO. I like Tomlin, I like Polimalu, I like Labeu, I have resepct for Steeler Nation, I like Ward but I think he is overrated myself. This was a HUGE game for Pitt to make a statement and he had 4 picks!

Now days Pro Bowl means very little because of injuries and people turning it down. Super Bowl..... what did he do there? Bettis isn't back there anymore. He is good, he is the hardest QB to bring down in the NFL but he is also overrated IMO. I like Tomlin, I like Polimalu, I like Labeu, I have resepct for Steeler Nation, I like Ward but I think he is overrated myself. This was a HUGE game for Pitt to make a statement and he had 4 picks!

Yes he had a bad game, but I stand behind my statement.

I think Ben is one the top QB in the NFL and I for one am glad to have him.

As for the super bowl, he did have an average game. He did torch 3 teams in the playoffs. Even though one was the over rated Bengal team, I still think that it was a great run.

Yes he had a bad game, but I stand behind my statement.

I think Ben is one the top QB in the NFL and I for one am glad to have him.

As for the super bowl, he did have an average game. He did torch 3 teams in the playoffs. Even though one was the over rated Bengal team, I still think that it was a great run.

I think the Steelers have one of the best defensive coordinators in the game. I think they have one of the better defenses in the game year in year out. I think they always have a solid run game. I think Big Ben is the hardest QB in the game to tackle but I also think he is really overrated! M. Moore is making a push to take Parker's spot. He has really played well and run hard!

I think the Steelers have one of the best defensive coordinators in the game. I think they have one of the better defenses in the game year in year out. I think they always have a solid run game. I think Big Ben is the hardest QB in the game to tackle but I also think he is really overrated! M. Moore is making a push to take Parker's spot. He has really played well and run hard!

I will agree that Moore is playing great and he has earned more playing time, but Parker's job is safe as long as he is healthy.

2 picks were balls that receivers should have caught. 2 were horrible. Hard to throw him under the bus(no pun intended) when he was playing without starting LT, replacements at RG, #2 receiver not dressed, and starting RB on the shelf, and I won't go into the fact that the makeshift line with 3 other new starters this season. I think with his rating for the year, not to mention all he does is win for the most part, I'll give him a pass on this one.

2 picks were balls that receivers should have caught. 2 were horrible. Hard to throw him under the bus(no pun intended) when he was playing without starting LT, replacements at RG, #2 receiver not dressed, and starting RB on the shelf, and I won't go into the fact that the makeshift line with 3 other new starters this season. I think with his rating for the year, not to mention all he does is win for the most part, I'll give him a pass on this one.

It's hard to blame much on Ben when he is being pressured every single pass. I don't know a QB in the league who is good with that going on.

It's hard to blame much on Ben when he is being pressured every single pass. I don't know a QB in the league who is good with that going on.

I agree to an extent, but many times he's getting 5/6 seconds or more and not getting the ball out. Some of that's on him and the play call.

I agree to an extent, but many times he's getting 5/6 seconds and not getting the ball out. Some of that's on him and the play call.

:thumb:

Not all, but more than people will admit...there's no way those guys can run block as well as they do and be that bad in pass protection. The Steelers have to adjust and scheme to get the ball out quicker or Roethlisberger is going to get killed. Especially considering their schedule...they don't get any cupcakes. Pretty much everybody they play is capable of getting pressure. Especially if you give them 10 seconds to get there. :lol:

:thumb:

Not all, but more than people will admit...there's no way those guys can run block as well as they do and be that bad in pass protection. The Steelers have to adjust and scheme to get the ball out quicker or Roethlisberger is going to get killed. Especially considering their schedule...they don't get any cupcakes. Pretty much everybody they play is capable of getting pressure. Especially if you give them 10 seconds to get there. :lol:

The fact is that when folks see the QB go down they assume that the OL is the sole reason. In more cases than not, I agree. However, this is one of those when there are mulitple reasons. Ben holding on to it makes for one big reason. Receivers not getting open, whether by coverage or poor play call, is another. You can't ask the guys up front to provide you an eternity to deliver the ball. Other than the Philly game where they absolutely struggled to pickup the blitz, they have been fairly solid, IMO.