Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giants 21 Steelers 14

Featured Replies

I tuned in this one after the Browns game. What I saw of it was a very good football game. This was a good win for the Giants.

 

These two just may be meeting again....... in the Super Bowl.

 

The Steelers have A LOT of issues up front.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The Steelers have A LOT of issues up front.

 

A lot of those issues could be resolved if Big Ben would release the ball a little earlier. But then again, that might have resulted in 8 interceptions today instead of 4.

A lot of those issues could be resolved if Big Ben would release the ball a little earlier. But then again, that might have resulted in 8 interceptions today instead of 4.

 

Eh, I donno. I agree that he HAS to get rid of the ball quicker. What makes me even more mad sometimes is that he stays in the pocket, when there's room to move out either direction.

This pains me to say this but wow the Giants are for real.

 

I don't think too many people were saying that after the game with the Bungals.:laugh::laugh:

  • Author

Pittsburgh's Fourth Quarter Offense:

 

Four posessions

 

Passing - 10 Att, 2 Comp, 14 Yards, 2 INT, Sacked twice, net -1 yards passing

 

Rushing 1 Att, -4 yards

 

0 First downs

 

2:46 Time of posession

Sorry it took me so long to weigh in on this one,,,,,,,sever stomach virus. And there isn't a great wireless connection in the room I spent most of my time yesterday.:creepy:

 

A. Tuck is a serious pass rusher, better than I remember from last season.

B. As usual, we can count on Willie Colon to false start, and he didn't disappoint.

C. The absence of Santonio Holmes was huge. G'men blitzed from the corner covering Sweed, knowing he'd struggle with a hot read, and it worked.

D. Once again, Ben doesn't let the ball go soon enough. I believe that stems from the play call in situations where they need 8 and run 15yd routes, and that's squarely on the OC and Ben.

E. I still believe that this Steelers D is the best in the league, however, at the rate that they are falling, who knows how that will play out. They're down a starting corner, starting FS, so that doesn't bode well. And FWIW, Clark makes that play on 4th and 6 when Hilliard makes that catch at the 4.

F. I was impressed with how quickly Eli got the ball out. They planned for the blitz packages, decided the best way to beat it is to get the ball out quick instead of trying to pick it up.

G. I was less than impressed with Jacobs. Seemed that when things didn't go well for him, he laid down. You could see him pouting on the sideline.

E. And finally, I never thought that the game could be decided essentially on the loss of your long snapper, which I suppose you could argue. Congratulations to HB on the win!

Pittsburgh's Fourth Quarter Offense:

 

Four posessions

 

Passing - 10 Att, 2 Comp, 14 Yards, 2 INT, Sacked twice, net -1 yards passing

 

Rushing 1 Att, -4 yards

 

0 First downs

 

2:46 Time of posession

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Questionable hold call brought back the TD pass that would have been the dagger. And 39 yds of penalties that would have at a minimum ended in a FG try. As Paul Harvey would say, and "that's the rest of the story".

  • Author
Sorry it took me so long to weigh in on this one,,,,,,,sever stomach virus. And there isn't a great wireless connection in the room I spent most of my time yesterday.:creepy:

 

A. Tuck is a serious pass rusher, better than I remember from last season.

B. As usual, we can count on Willie Colon to false start, and he didn't disappoint.

C. The absence of Santonio Holmes was huge. G'men blitzed from the corner covering Sweed, knowing he'd struggle with a hot read, and it worked.

D. Once again, Ben doesn't let the ball go soon enough. I believe that stems from the play call in situations where they need 8 and run 15yd routes, and that's squarely on the OC and Ben.

E. I still believe that this Steelers D is the best in the league, however, at the rate that they are falling, who knows how that will play out. They're down a starting corner, starting FS, so that doesn't bode well. And FWIW, Clark makes that play on 4th and 6 when Hilliard makes that catch at the 4.

F. I was impressed with how quickly Eli got the ball out. They planned for the blitz packages, decided the best way to beat it is to get the ball out quick instead of trying to pick it up.

G. I was less than impressed with Jacobs. Seemed that when things didn't go well for him, he laid down. You could see him pouting on the sideline.

E. And finally, I never thought that the game could be decided essentially on the loss of your long snapper, which I suppose you could argue. Congratulations to HB on the win!

 

A. Don't forget about Mathias Kiwanuka. He had 3 sacks.

 

F. Eli didn't get touched one time by the Steelers. The Steelers had 0 sacks, and 0 knock downs.

 

G. I never saw Jacobs pout on the sidelines. I saw him talking smack to a Steelers player, and I saw him celebrating a few times. Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw all have a great combination and they all know it. I see them congratulating all the time. And I believe Jacobs had a big 8 yard run on the final scoring drive for the G-Men.

 

H. The long snapper helped the outcome, but that wasn't the deciding factor. Pittsburgh had two chances to win late in the 4th and they couldn't move the ball at all. The Giants defense won this game, the Steelers long snapper didn't lose it.

  • Author
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Questionable hold call brought back the TD pass that would have been the dagger. And 39 yds of penalties that would have at a minimum ended in a FG try. As Paul Harvey would say, and "that's the rest of the story".

 

Questionable call?

 

Tuck and Kiwanuka were getting tackled all night. Heck on the first long TD pass I saw a pretty obvious hold. They could have called it more. The Giants D-Line was destroying Pitts o-line.

 

Wasn't patting myself on the back. I was patting the Giants D on the back. They were outstanding yesterday. 4 turnovers, 5 sacks, 14 points allowed...that is impressive.

A. Don't forget about Mathias Kiwanuka. He had 3 sacks.

 

F. Eli didn't get touched one time by the Steelers. The Steelers had 0 sacks, and 0 knock downs.

 

G. I never saw Jacobs pout on the sidelines. I saw him talking smack to a Steelers player, and I saw him celebrating a few times. Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw all have a great combination and they all know it. I see them congratulating all the time. And I believe Jacobs had a big 8 yard run on the final scoring drive for the G-Men.

 

H. The long snapper helped the outcome, but that wasn't the deciding factor. Pittsburgh had two chances to win late in the 4th and they couldn't move the ball at all. The Giants defense won this game, the Steelers long snapper didn't lose it.

G. I disagree

 

As far as the defense for the Giant winning it, you may be right, because their offense couldn't. You get 4 picks and barely squeek out that total not to mention have the ball for that long. I can say this with confidence, in the event they met in the big game, I like our chances.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Questionable hold call brought back the TD pass that would have been the dagger. And 39 yds of penalties that would have at a minimum ended in a FG try. As Paul Harvey would say, and "that's the rest of the story".

 

I don't like either team, but the holding call was not questionable. It was clearly holding.

I don't like either team, but the holding call was not questionable. It was clearly holding.

 

There are a lot of clear holdings that aren't called in the NFL. I wouldn't have criticized the official either way on that way...I've seen worse go uncalled and I've seen less get called. (The Steelers vs. Seahawks Super Bowl brings to mind a few questionable calls.)

 

No doubt it was a big play in the game because it took 7 points off the board.

 

The bottom line is this...when you're playing your 3rd string RB and the offensive line is your biggest weakness (and a glaring one at that), the NY Giants are a bad matchup. The Steelers defense played great and kept them in the game by holding the Giants out of the end zone until the end of the game. If the G-Men could have capitalized in the red zone, they could have made things a lot easier on themselves. Give P'burgh's defense a lot of the credit for that. It's going to keep them in every game they play, and probably win a copule, if injuries don't destroy them.

Interesting game. Giants score 6 times and end up with 21 points, very unusual. I really thought that the Steelers had it in the bag but they shot themselves in the foot with penalties the entire 2nd half.

I tuned in this one after the Browns game. What I saw of it was a very good football game. This was a good win for the Giants.

 

These two just may be meeting again....... in the Super Bowl.

 

Would love to see that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.