Rodenberg back to CCH??? (Unsubstantiated Rumor - Member Suspended)

Patience

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a past player under Coach R it is my opinion that he gave plenty of attention to the JV teams. The JV teams were always competitive and beat some of the best teams in the region. As for the rumor I do not believe that it is true and even if it was the Cov Cath administration would not allow it. Even though he was a great football coach he was a terrible teacher. When Cov Cath hires a new coach they look at teaching first and coaching second. But I also believe that Cov Cath needs to find a new coach and fast. While coach Brossart's idea for starting a seventh and eighth grade teams was great he still does not have respect for the players, parents, and tradition of Cov Cath football. Rodenburg left the program with a solid foundation and well trained players. Brossart just brought in an offense that is out dated and will never be effective. Many players, parents, and alumni are not happy and I think that Cov Cath needs to make a change.

As a past player under Coach R it is my opinion that he gave plenty of attention to the JV teams. The JV teams were always competitive and beat some of the best teams in the region. As for the rumor I do not believe that it is true and even if it was the Cov Cath administration would not allow it. Even though he was a great football coach he was a terrible teacher. When Cov Cath hires a new coach they look at teaching first and coaching second. But I also believe that Cov Cath needs to find a new coach and fast. While coach Brossart's idea for starting a seventh and eighth grade teams was great he still does not have respect for the players, parents, and tradition of Cov Cath football. Rodenburg left the program with a solid foundation and well trained players. Brossart just brought in an offense that is out dated and will never be effective. Many players, parents, and alumni are not happy and I think that Cov Cath needs to make a change.

Actually they were sent to the opposite end of the field to call their own plays, according to those players.

Leaving early, no discipline, no work ethic, and no mandatory weight program is hardly a solid foundation......

"Many"......define many; it is very vague; there are disgruntled parents at every program.

No respect for Coach Brossart???? My son does and so does every one of his friends, so again you speaking factually incorrect.

I believe the TRADITION of CovCath is hard work, discipline, and heart, which Coach Brossart is trying to REinstill...........

Offense takes execution......if you look closely, the offenses are almost exactly the same; different personnel.

I hear the grumblings in the stands about the Jet sweep; what armchair fans don't realize is that many of the other plays stem off of the sweep; it keeps teams honest; it sets up misdirection, it sets up play-action; it is called continuity in an offense, which takes EXECUTION(as does every offense).

Actually they were sent to the opposite end of the field to call their own plays, according to those players.

Leaving early, no discipline, no work ethic, and no mandatory weight program is hardly a solid foundation......

So as you say, without a coach, no discipline, no work ethic, and no mandatory weight program, they still won games. So with coaching, with a mandotory weight program, and two years of discipline, they now lose?

Seems strange to me!

"Many"......define many; it is very vague; there are disgruntled parents at every program.

No respect for Coach Brossart???? My son does and so does every one of his friends, so again you speaking factually incorrect.

I believe the TRADITION of CovCath is hard work, discipline, and heart, which Coach Brossart is trying to REinstill...........

Offense takes execution......if you look closely, the offenses are almost exactly the same; different personnel.

I hear the grumblings in the stands about the Jet sweep; what armchair fans don't realize is that many of the other plays stem off of the sweep; it keeps teams honest; it sets up misdirection, it sets up play-action; it is called continuity in an offense, which takes EXECUTION(as does every offense).

Right on Wildcat you are 100% correct. The handful of naysayers are the most likely same people who try to undermine Brossart at every turn.

When you talk to Brossart he has great ideas but someone is always standing

in his way.

As for the jet sweep ,it has worked during the jv games, but I believe he has the wrong player running it , Joey Keene has run it will at the jv level and during the spring lets give him a chance.

So as you say, without a coach, no discipline, no work ethic, and no mandatory weight program, they still won games. So with coaching, with a mandotory weight program, and two years of discipline, they now lose?

Seems strange to me!

It is called unbelievable talent; not that this year's group is not talented, because they are.

Flynn, Castenada, Brown, Bruggeman, Geisen, Kader, Bleser, Sutton, Bovard, Hudepohl, Heath and others graduated.

Some have called it the most talented class to ever graduate from CCH.

I would argue they should have won 2 State Championships...but that is another topic for discussion.

I know this is off subject. However I am still trying to figure out why they are even aloud to have a middle school team. I mean it makes no sense to me how they are aloud to have a middle school team, when they don't even have a middle school. That just don't seem right to me, and I don't get how that is aloud...

However just because I don't think it should be aloud, it is a great decision for them to do it. Because that should help make them an even better football program. So that definitely was a great idea by coach Brossart as you said.

Holy Cross and NCC have had Jr. High teams for several years, why not CCH?

I know this is off subject. However I am still trying to figure out why they are even aloud to have a middle school team. I mean it makes no sense to me how they are aloud to have a middle school team, when they don't even have a middle school. That just don't seem right to me, and I don't get how that is aloud...

However just because I don't think it should be aloud, it is a great decision for them to do it. Because that should help make them an even better football program. So that definitely was a great idea by coach Brossart as you said.

They get their players from the parochial grade schools that feed the high schools . In heavens name why don't you think that they should be allowed to have one ? I'm 61 years old and I played for Sacred Heart when I was in the 6th and 7th grade in the Campbell Co Parochial grade school league years ago . I remember teams from St Stephans , Immaculate Conception Corpus Christi parishes combined , St Francis DeSales St Catherine's and others Well this entity doesn't exist anymore the middle school teams have taken their places .

I guess I'm just confused. I didn't think they did. So many NC kids play in the Fort Thomas League , I guess I just assumed they didn't have one.
I guess in this case choice is good . It is not just Ft Thomas kids that attend NCC . Does the Ft thomas league allow kids from other areas to play ? Just curious as none of my boys played football only soccer .

I guess in this case choice is good . It is not just Ft Thomas kids that attend NCC . Does the Ft thomas league allow kids from other areas to play ? Just curious as none of my boys played football only soccer .

Yes, Of course kids that live in Fort Thomas get first dibs. Out of city pay more and are placed on teams according to numbers.