Rodenberg back to CCH??? (Unsubstantiated Rumor - Member Suspended)

Patience

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they were sent to the opposite end of the field to call their own plays, according to those players.

Leaving early, no discipline, no work ethic, and no mandatory weight program is hardly a solid foundation......

"Many"......define many; it is very vague; there are disgruntled parents at every program.

No respect for Coach Brossart???? My son does and so does every one of his friends, so again you speaking factually incorrect.

I believe the TRADITION of CovCath is hard work, discipline, and heart, which Coach Brossart is trying to REinstill...........

Offense takes execution......if you look closely, the offenses are almost exactly the same; different personnel.

I hear the grumblings in the stands about the Jet sweep; what armchair fans don't realize is that many of the other plays stem off of the sweep; it keeps teams honest; it sets up misdirection, it sets up play-action; it is called continuity in an offense, which takes EXECUTION(as does every offense).

I think Cov Cath tradition is also winning which Brossart doesn't seem to do much of.

The offenses are not even close. Coach Rodenburg ran a spread offense. He ran most of his plays through the shotgun formation. If Coach Rodenburg would have stayed the next year at Cov Cath we would would have had a much better chance at state. We had Buckley, Schneider, Cason, Klare, Punch and Furnish who were the perfect types of players for Rodenburg's offense. It seems that Brossart runs four plays, run left, run right, run up the middle, and the occasional play action pass. He uses the shotgun formation maybe twice a game.

It is called unbelievable talent; not that this year's group is not talented, because they are.

Flynn, Castenada, Brown, Bruggeman, Geisen, Kader, Bleser, Sutton, Bovard, Hudepohl, Heath and others graduated.

Some have called it the most talented class to ever graduate from CCH.

I would argue they should have won 2 State Championships...but that is another topic for discussion.

Seems you forgot the only young man who is playing for a D1 major college football program from that team and that was of course Popham of Wake Forest, but we/I were talking about the JV team of 2006 and not the 2006 Varsity team.

Talk to a couple of furture parents with the middle school team last night and not one would like to see Rodenberg back and like want they see from Brossart,also talked to some juniors and got the same reply "I do not want to play for that guy he does not care about his players"

Also look at the schedule Brossart was left with, 6 of the 10 teams this year could be playing for or be state champions, name me another team who plays a schedule like that

in rebuilding years, but CovCath is not playing nearly as well as many of us thought

I believe they will be 5 and 5 going into the playoffs

Brossart also needs to make some adjustment ,start playing the junior QB ,who will give a

additional option of a running QB, run the jet sweep with someone like Keene who will make the cut before getting to the sidelines and let the defense grow into there position

you can not keep making major chances every week. The kids will only learn from their mistakes if they can play thur them

But as for Rodenberg coming back , no that will not happen even if he want to come back. Let the Big Moe have him they deserve one other