NKYFL Senior Division records/comments

Skunk

I think competition plays a big role too in what college takes you. Ludlow plays schools like Dayton, Bellevue, Bracken, with the two tough games being NCC and Beechwood where as schools like Highlands play the likes of Colerains and schools of higher calibar.

Now competition I will give you. Because they will be going against better competition. There is no argument there from me. My point is even though these guys as you say play against the Colerains and big schools like that. What schools do they end up going to? The same schools I have already talked about. Going to those schools may end up getting you noticed quicker. But if your good enough, you still going to get noticed. The great players who play at the small schools, still end up going to same types of colleges as these big schools. The only reason these bigger schools are so successful is just because they are great teams. Not because they are full of D1 talent. They are just full of people who are good enough to play at schools like Georgetown etc. Going to those schools in no way, get you to the bigger schools though anymore than others. If so we would have seen alot more highlands guys go...

My whole point to this is. That a lot of parents these days seem to think their kids are the greatest athletes ever. So they send them to these bigger schools thinking it will get them D1. When in reality, just by going there is not going to get you do D1. IF you are good enough, you will get noticed. If all these talented players stay at their small schools and dont have their parent switch them schools. Then those schools have a real chance to do great, and trust me that would also get them noticed.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the game times?

I'll be at the SK game but would love to see the other depending on the time..

Saturday and Sunday at SK

Pee Wee-12:00

Midgets-1:00

Juniors-2:30

Seniors-4:00

Saturday the Junior game is Bellevue and Spartans, The senior game is Spartans and CC.

Sunday the junior game will be Ludlow and the Lions and the senior game will be Lions and SK. I don't know who made it for the pee wee's and midget's.

Now competition I will give you. Because they will be going against better competition. There is no argument there from me. My point is even though these guys as you say play against the Colerains and big schools like that. What schools do they end up going to? The same schools I have already talked about. Going to those schools may end up getting you noticed quicker. But if your good enough, you still going to get noticed. The great players who play at the small schools, still end up going to same types of colleges as these big schools. The only reason these bigger schools are so successful is just because they are great teams. Not because they are full of D1 talent. They are just full of people who are good enough to play at schools like Georgetown etc. Going to those schools in no way, get you to the bigger schools though anymore than others. If so we would have seen alot more highlands guys go...

My whole point to this is. That a lot of parents these days seem to think their kids are the greatest athletes ever. So they send them to these bigger schools thinking it will get them D1. When in reality, just by going there is not going to get you do D1. IF you are good enough, you will get noticed. If all these talented players stay at their small schools and dont have their parent switch them schools. Then those schools have a real chance to do great, and trust me that would also get them noticed.

I completely agree with you there and you have some valid points. I was trying to get across the better competition part more so than what school you played at.

I completely agree with you there and you have some valid points. I was trying to get across the better competition part more so than what school you played at.

Yeah playing at a 6A school would be better competition than the school we played at. ;):D

Well back to this thread though. These should be great games this weekend. I predict that Erlanger and the Spartans win. And then Erlanger wins the super bowl..

In the junior division I predict Ludlow will win the super bowl. I see Ludlow vs. Bellevue and Ludlow is due to beat those guys. :thumb:

Who does the CC Red Devils senior team bring this weekend? Who are some of their studs?

I really don't know. I know they lost to all three teams that are left during the regular season. I know many people counted them out before the playoffs. But I said they probably could make a run, because they were in each of those games they lost.

I think the question was more who are their best players.

When we played them it was Donovan McCoy, an ex-nittany lion.

He was all over the field, RB and LB if I'm not mistaken..

I didnt realize Donovan was an ex-nittany lion. Glad he is a current Bluebird. I would put him up there as top 5 most athletic kids in the current HMS 8th grade class if not the most athletic.

I didnt realize Donovan was an ex-nittany lion. Glad he is a current Bluebird. I would put him up there as top 5 most athletic kids in the current HMS 8th grade class if not the most athletic.

Yep, I can't believe it's the same kid from then until now.

That has to be my favorite thing about watching the kids grow up, seeing the diamonds in the rough.

Him and #50 Sampson from SK had a war when the two teams met..

Yep, I can't believe it's the same kid from then until now.

That has to be my favorite thing about watching the kids grow up, seeing the diamonds in the rough.

Him and #50 Sampson from SK had a war when the two teams met..

Im sure it will rollover to the Basketball court this season. :D