NKYFL Senior Division records/comments

Skunk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where will the SK vs Erlanger game be held?

If SK comes out in the first half it will be a much closer game this time around..

Erlanger seniors are too physical. SK has a very nice football team and are well coached, but i don't think they can hang with the erlanger team. It will be a great game to see.

Erlanger seniors are too physical. SK has a very nice football team and are well coached, but i don't think they can hang with the erlanger team. It will be a great game to see.

If SK doesn't spot Erlanger 26 points this time around I think we'll have a very different outcome..

If SK doesn't spot Erlanger 26 points this time around I think we'll have a very different outcome..

I really don't know what you mean by that because when the scoreboard came on it was 0-0. Erlanger earned every point scored. SK is not the type of team that is going to spot anyone points. But if you want to talk about that, it would be like saying Erlanger spotted SK the points they scored, because they both scored several Td's that were similar. (kick off returns) Both teams earned every point in my opinion, that is part of the game. That's why this game is a must see. :thumb:

This is what I don't get. I mean if a kid is good enough, he is going to get noticed. A lot of times these programs like Ludlow, Bellevue, etc. Will have a lot of talent in the youth system, and if they all stayed together in high school, then they would have great teams in high school, and have chances to beat a Beechwood. And trust me those kids would get noticed then. As long as they have coaches who will help get their players names out, then they would get noticed and at Ludlow and Bellevue they have that. Parents though usually break these teams up, and send their talented kids to other high schools because they think they will get noticed more. However I mean as great as Highlands, Beechwood are every year. How many times do they really send plays to Division 1 schools. Every now and then you do, but it don't happen often. They usually end up at schools like Georgetown, Union, Thomas More etc. Its not like playing at those schools really get you to the Divison 1 programs. I really think that thats a big misconception that if you attend a top football school, that you will end up at a big college. Because you can stay at smaller schools like Ludlow, and Bellevue and you still if your good enough would end up at the same kind of school in college...

I mean just look at the Junior and Senior teams at Ludlow and Bellevue. There is A LOT of talent there for both teams, and if they all stay together, then both teams have a shot to play with the Beechwoods in High school. So these kids would definitely get noticed and have a chance to be apart of something really special.

The thing with this though is the kid may get noticed, but its not going to be by bigger schools. A perfect example is Mike Lewis from Ludlow. IMO he was the best QB to ever play at Ludlow and he is starting for G-Town now. Now say you put him at a school like Highlands or Ryle or a bigger school like that and there's a chance he lands at a D2 or a D1 AA school. It's basically competition. I think Mike was the best QB in 2005 in NKY. But if you give him the talent around him that a 5 or 6A school has, he puts up better numbers and therefore gets noticed from bigger schools.

I dont think the high school you play for will make you get noticed more. If you can play colleges will find you.

I'm just saying that at a bigger school you will have better players around you helping your numbers out more making it easier for you to get noticed.

The thing with this though is the kid may get noticed, but its not going to be by bigger schools. A perfect example is Mike Lewis from Ludlow. IMO he was the best QB to ever play at Ludlow and he is starting for G-Town now. Now say you put him at a school like Highlands or Ryle or a bigger school like that and there's a chance he lands at a D2 or a D1 AA school. It's basically competition. I think Mike was the best QB in 2005 in NKY. But if you give him the talent around him that a 5 or 6A school has, he puts up better numbers and therefore gets noticed from bigger schools.

I'm just saying that at a bigger school you will have better players around you helping your numbers out more making it easier for you to get noticed.

I disagree there. I mean I don't think it would definitely help your numbers out better. Could possibly hurt them depending what position your playing. But I have said before on here, when you look at teams like Highlands, Beechwood, CovCath, NCC, etc. How many players of their do you see go Division 1? How many do you see go D2? Hardly any at all. I mean for as great as their teams are, they don't send players to these top colleges for football. They just field great football teams, that play together as a team. Most of those guys still end up at the likes of Georgetown, Union, Thomas More, etc. I mean just look at the other two great QB's that graduated the same year as Mike. I do think Mike was a little better than them as well, but they were at the bigger schools, and like I said they still only ended up playing at a Thomas More like Stellman.

Mike was an awesome football player and one of the best ever at Ludlow. There is no question about that. However if he was good enough to go D1 or D2 he would have still went, even while playing at Ludlow. I mean if he was good enough for D1 or D2, he probably would have went down to Georgetown and got the starting job right away or wouldn't have taken this long. Mike has got the starting job now and is doing a good job from what I hear. Which is awesome, because he is a great player. The whole thing about going to bigger schools in high school, will get you to a bigger college is just a myth. If you are good enough they will definitely notice you and you will get your chance. I mean from that graduating class from NKY, I think Mike did go to one of the best football schools out of anyone and he didn't go to Highlands, etc to do that...

I really don't know what you mean by that because when the scoreboard came on it was 0-0. Erlanger earned every point scored. SK is not the type of team that is going to spot anyone points. But if you want to talk about that, it would be like saying Erlanger spotted SK the points they scored, because they both scored several Td's that were similar. (kick off returns) Both teams earned every point in my opinion, that is part of the game. That's why this game is a must see. :thumb:

:thumb:

I disagree there. I mean I don't think it would definitely help your numbers out better. Could possibly hurt them depending what position your playing. But I have said before on here, when you look at teams like Highlands, Beechwood, CovCath, NCC, etc. How many players of their do you see go Division 1? How many do you see go D2? Hardly any at all. I mean for as great as their teams are, they don't send players to these top colleges for football. They just field great football teams, that play together as a team. Most of those guys still end up at the likes of Georgetown, Union, Thomas More, etc. I mean just look at the other two great QB's that graduated the same year as Mike. I do think Mike was a little better than them as well, but they were at the bigger schools, and like I said they still only ended up playing at a Thomas More like Stellman.

Mike was an awesome football player and one of the best ever at Ludlow. There is no question about that. However if he was good enough to go D1 or D2 he would have still went, even while playing at Ludlow. I mean if he was good enough for D1 or D2, he probably would have went down to Georgetown and got the starting job right away or wouldn't have taken this long. Mike has got the starting job now and is doing a good job from what I hear. Which is awesome, because he is a great player. The whole thing about going to bigger schools in high school, will get you to a bigger college is just a myth. If you are good enough they will definitely notice you and you will get your chance. I mean from that graduating class from NKY, I think Mike did go to one of the best football schools out of anyone and he didn't go to Highlands, etc to do that...

I think competition plays a big role too in what college takes you. Ludlow plays schools like Dayton, Bellevue, Bracken, with the two tough games being NCC and Beechwood where as schools like Highlands play the likes of Colerains and schools of higher calibar.