NKYFL Senior Division records/comments

Skunk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKYFL has been around forever and has produceed some great players - sad part for a lot of those teams - they expect a kid to go to school in that area and usually they don't.

I understand the frustration Killercats but you have to go in knowing that if a kid comes in from another city to play because their city doesnt have an NKYFL team then its to be expected. If a kid grows up lets say in Newport and plays for the firefighters only to transfer to another school then that is another. But you cant blame a kid who may have star potential for going to another school where a program can get him a Div 1 or 2 scholly in either case.

I understand the frustration Killercats but you have to go in knowing that if a kid comes in from another city to play because their city doesnt have an NKYFL team then its to be expected. If a kid grows up lets say in Newport and plays for the firefighters only to transfer to another school then that is another. But you cant blame a kid who may have star potential for going to another school where a program can get him a Div 1 or 2 scholly in either case.

This is what I don't get. I mean if a kid is good enough, he is going to get noticed. A lot of times these programs like Ludlow, Bellevue, etc. Will have a lot of talent in the youth system, and if they all stayed together in high school, then they would have great teams in high school, and have chances to beat a Beechwood. And trust me those kids would get noticed then. As long as they have coaches who will help get their players names out, then they would get noticed and at Ludlow and Bellevue they have that. Parents though usually break these teams up, and send their talented kids to other high schools because they think they will get noticed more. However I mean as great as Highlands, Beechwood are every year. How many times do they really send plays to Division 1 schools. Every now and then you do, but it don't happen often. They usually end up at schools like Georgetown, Union, Thomas More etc. Its not like playing at those schools really get you to the Divison 1 programs. I really think that thats a big misconception that if you attend a top football school, that you will end up at a big college. Because you can stay at smaller schools like Ludlow, and Bellevue and you still if your good enough would end up at the same kind of school in college...

I mean just look at the Junior and Senior teams at Ludlow and Bellevue. There is A LOT of talent there for both teams, and if they all stay together, then both teams have a shot to play with the Beechwoods in High school. So these kids would definitely get noticed and have a chance to be apart of something really special.

You are so right.

This is what I don't get. I mean if a kid is good enough, he is going to get noticed. A lot of times these programs like Ludlow, Bellevue, etc. Will have a lot of talent in the youth system, and if they all stayed together in high school, then they would have great teams in high school, and have chances to beat a Beechwood. And trust me those kids would get noticed then. As long as they have coaches who will help get their players names out, then they would get noticed and at Ludlow and Bellevue they have that. Parents though usually break these teams up, and send their talented kids to other high schools because they think they will get noticed more. However I mean as great as Highlands, Beechwood are every year. How many times do they really send plays to Division 1 schools. Every now and then you do, but it don't happen often. They usually end up at schools like Georgetown, Union, Thomas More etc. Its not like playing at those schools really get you to the Divison 1 programs. I really think that thats a big misconception that if you attend a top football school, that you will end up at a big college. Because you can stay at smaller schools like Ludlow, and Bellevue and you still if your good enough would end up at the same kind of school in college...

I mean just look at the Junior and Senior teams at Ludlow and Bellevue. There is A LOT of talent there for both teams, and if they all stay together, then both teams have a shot to play with the Beechwoods in High school. So these kids would definitely get noticed and have a chance to be apart of something really special.

So very true....unfortunately convincing a parent of that is another story. Case in point..a family currently resides in Ludlow, mom is a teacher at Ludlow, dad was an outstanding athlete who graduated from Ludlow, there kids have ample athletic ability, however they go to Kenton County schools. What would it take to convince people to stay in these small schools? Maybe the coaches in these schools need to come up with a plan of promoting their kids to draw the attention of colleges. In alot of cases maybe the parents feel that bigger schools are better equipped to do so.

So very true....unfortunately convincing a parent of that is another story. Case in point..a family currently resides in Ludlow, mom is a teacher at Ludlow, dad was an outstanding athlete who graduated from Ludlow, there kids have ample athletic ability, however they go to Kenton County schools. What would it take to convince people to stay in these small schools? Maybe the coaches in these schools need to come up with a plan of promoting their kids to draw the attention of colleges. In alot of cases maybe the parents feel that bigger schools are better equipped to do so.

I know who you are talking about. One of the reasons for why they are not at Ludlow anymore is because of a big disagreement between the Ludlow youth program and the high school program last season. The high school for Ludlow and youth program, didn't have the best working relationship last couple of years, and messed up a lot of things. This year with new coach and stuff in place, the youth program and high school started to have a better relationship. Which is an important to have, because youth program is a big part of future success for Ludlow. Hopefully they realize that things are changing and working better now, and they come back, and everyone stays together. Because they have a chance to do something really special here at Ludlow if they stay together.

SK 38, Bellevue 20 I won't go into details, as not to get myself in trouble, but just say it was a VERY INTENSE game.

It really wasn't that intense.. One bad play, the refs got the call as right as they could..

Refs were bad both ways but SK basically dominated the entire game..

I know who you are talking about. One of the reasons for why they are not at Ludlow anymore is because of a big disagreement between the Ludlow youth program and the high school program last season. The high school for Ludlow and youth program, didn't have the best working relationship last couple of years, and messed up a lot of things. This year with new coach and stuff in place, the youth program and high school started to have a better relationship. Which is an important to have, because youth program is a big part of future success for Ludlow. Hopefully they realize that things are changing and working better now, and they come back, and everyone stays together. Because they have a chance to do something really special here at Ludlow if they stay together.

Sad part about LYF's situation is that they draw from outside of the city and I believe that became the case a couple of years ago due to small numbers. I wonder if that is the case for Dayton and Bellevue. So not all are prospects for the high school program. Totally agree though, that youth leagues are vital to the future of high school programs and not just in football.

Sad part about LYF's situation is that they draw from outside of the city and I believe that became the case a couple of years ago due to small numbers. I wonder if that is the case for Dayton and Bellevue. So not all are prospects for the high school program. Totally agree though, that youth leagues are vital to the future of high school programs and not just in football.

Most of these kids that play in the youth football system at Ludlow, actually do live in Ludlow...Some of them may attend different schools, but they do live in Ludlow...