Highlands at Scott

72birdman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good play calling on offense you got to be kidding me. I was at the Cov Cath game and on Scotts very first possession they go for it on their own 20 on 4th down obviously they don't make it and Cov Cath only has to go 20 yards for their first score.:laugh::laugh:

Scotts offense is 1 dimensional they only have 2 players that they really use on offense Reyes and Sowder. Stop them and there is no offense. No passing game at all like they had last year.

In closing I will say the kids do play hard and yes I believe Coach Fisk laid the ground work for this years team and only time will tell if the new coaching staff can get them to the play-offs like Coach Fisk did last year.:thumb:

If we got upset about each risky play that Dale tried and didn't work, there wouldn't be any HHS fans. You have to either be with your new coaching staff or not. I am a close personal friend of Casey Fisk and hated to see him leave, but it is what it is. There have been many times that I have wondered about Dale, especially when he came in after the Tyrany of Thomas Francis Duffy. Dale had a different way about things and it took me a long time to get used to it. I am a Dale supporter and I will stand by him through the good and sometimes questionable calls. We're all human and a lot of calls made on the sideline have many human factors and "gut feelings" that go into the decision made. I will tell you this: Scott HS will never be successful until your entire community can get behind your program, and you stop losing kids to the Dixie and SK programs. Good Luck and hopefully you all have found what you have been looking for in this new coach.

I think some people are going to be surprised when you see Scott play this Friday. No, I'm not saying I think Scott will win, but based on what I've seen, they seem much, much better organized than in years past. Kids look to really be playing hard. Good play calling on O. Can't say if I agree that Fisk laid the ground work or not though.

I dont agree with the good play calling on the offense side. Scott has struggled in tough situations because everyone keys on Reyes and Sowder and thats all Scott rely's on. They could easily place Bruner or Forrester in the back field and give it another look. Scott depends on the big plays from Reyes and Sowder to help them win games and that wont do it against a well coached team or close game like they've been faced with the past two weeks.

Coach Fisk didnt have time to lay the ground work. He did set the tables high for the new coaches and it looks like Scott wont be exceeding that unless they beat a Dixie team whose starting to play better ball.

Highlands will win big. No one in Ky can stop them.

I hope not, that's for sure. It won't be Scott. HHS just has way too much. They better play hard and stay focused because as soon as they don't, someone gets hurt. I have faith in the coaches to not let this happen. I say Birds 56 Scott 7

I dont agree with the good play calling on the offense side. Scott has struggled in tough situations because everyone keys on Reyes and Sowder and thats all Scott rely's on. They could easily place Bruner or Forrester in the back field and give it another look. Scott depends on the big plays from Reyes and Sowder to help them win games and that wont do it against a well coached team or close game like they've been faced with the past two weeks.

Coach Fisk didnt have time to lay the ground work. He did set the tables high for the new coaches and it looks like Scott wont be exceeding that unless they beat a Dixie team whose starting to play better ball.

Does Forrester play the O line this year?

Some good news, Jarred Frank has been cleared to play football after that nasty MRSA infestion!!!

I have a feeling that Highlands is getting in a position to have all the pieces in place for an outstanding playoff run... with Crawford already back playing (and playing well), and with Conner cleared to play for week seven (this week), and now with Frank returning (arguably one of the top two or three defensive linemen Highlands has), everything is aligning. Plus, Highlands still has their bye week coming up, at just the perfect time to heal the guys up a bit more and work out some kinks before the playoff run. Not to mention, Highlands really got the chance to further develop their offensive backfield with all the playing time Head and Fennell got at the running back position. This is all very, very auspicious for Highlands!

Finally, a question for all the Highlands football historians out there... has the team ever had an offensive backfield as deep and talented as the 'Birds have in 2008, with the likes of Josh Conner, Clint Crawford, Oliver Head, Tyler Fennell, Spencer Bankemper and Travis Alford? Not to mention the talent at the quarterback position, with Tony Guidulgi and Will Bardo. Yikes!!!!! Heck, throw in the quality receivers and the very solid offensive line play at this point in the season, and perhaps we're looking at one of the most well-rounded and potent Highlands offenses of all time!

With how the team did in 2007, and with how they're doing this year, not to mention the talent the team will have returning for next year... the Highlands football program is really in the middle of something special right now.

Does Forrester play the O line this year?

Just heard from a reliable source that Forrester quit. I know he wasn't getting much if any playing time at all. What a shame for a Senior who should be starting and playing every defensive down quit because he knows he should be playing and was not.

Just heard from a reliable source that Forrester quit. I know he wasn't getting much if any playing time at all. What a shame for a Senior who should be starting and playing every defensive down quit because he knows he should be playing and was not.

I really hate to hear that. I remember watching him last year and thinking he was a tough kid. I thought he was out of position last year playing as a running back and would have been an ideal O guard or tackle. I also thought he would have been more effective as a D linemen than a Lber. He was, in my opinion, just one of those kids that was a half a step too slow to be a rb and lb, but if he played the line, would be a half a step fast for his position. But perhaps my assessment has been influenced by how Dale does things at Highlands: small and quick linemen and fast quick running backs. And what's that gotten Dale?:D

It looks to me that Coach Campbell is of the same school as Dale. In watching tape, it appears that he's going with smaller and quicker, over bigger and slower (particularly on O). Is that an accurate observation? That's the route Ryle is going, and Beechwood has fielded a quicker team this year, with quicker more agile O linemen than in years past. Are we seeing a trend and if so, is Scott part of that trend?