Highlands at Scott

72birdman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MRSA?:confused:

Extreme version of staph as I understand it. Jarred has been out since preseason. I'm so very happy for him being able to return as he is a senior and worked extremely hard during the past off season. If he can get back to form, he will really improve a defense that has performed very well this season.

I'm getting really excited about the Birds chances of winning state. We'll have some very tough opposition, not only from the East but the West, but if Jarred and Josh can play at full throttle, we'll be very, very tough to beat. :thumb:

I really hate to hear that. I remember watching him last year and thinking he was a tough kid. I thought he was out of position last year playing as a running back and would have been an ideal O guard or tackle. I also thought he would have been more effective as a D linemen than a Lber. He was, in my opinion, just one of those kids that was a half a step too slow to be a rb and lb, but if he played the line, would be a half a step fast for his position. But perhaps my assessment has been influenced by how Dale does things at Highlands: small and quick linemen and fast quick running backs. And what's that gotten Dale?:D

It looks to me that Coach Campbell is of the same school as Dale. In watching tape, it appears that he's going with smaller and quicker, over bigger and slower (particularly on O). Is that an accurate observation? That's the route Ryle is going, and Beechwood has fielded a quicker team this year, with quicker more agile O linemen than in years past. Are we seeing a trend and if so, is Scott part of that trend?

As to the bolded part of my above post, I meant to type D, not O. Any Scott fans have a response to my question as to whether I made an accurate observation?

Some good news, Jarred Frank has been cleared to play football after that nasty MRSA infestion!!!

WOW...talk about a HUNGRY player! Jarred had been banished to the sideline by the MRSA but LOOK-OUT NOW! He is one of the toughest D-linemen in NKY and is the kind of player that makes everyone around him better! Beware Bluebird opponents, there's a monster loose...it's the "Return of FRANK-enstein! :scared: :eek: and just in time for Halloween, too!

Heard last night that Scott had to cancel Sat's reserve game due to numbers. Highlands then made a phone call to the boys from the Newport hill and got no answer or returned phone call. With no school today and friday, i'm sure there won't be any communication. As if we would get a phone call back in the first place.:D

Heard last night that Scott had to cancel Sat's reserve game due to numbers. Highlands then made a phone call to the boys from the Newport hill and got no answer or returned phone call. With no school today and friday, i'm sure there won't be any communication. As if we would get a phone call back in the first place.:D

Maybe Highlands should contact CovCath. I'm sure Elder's JV won't mind not playing again Sat. morning:D

Maybe Highlands should contact CovCath. I'm sure Elder's JV won't mind not playing again Sat. morning:D

No call to Cov Cath, but to Elder. My son was of the impression that they weren't playing each other for JV on Saturday, but who knows.

Can't understand why Scott would cancel a JV game it really can't be about numbers can it All I heard at the beginning of the year is how Scott's numbers increased this year and more kids came out to play because of the new coaching staff all I know is Scott cancelled no JV games the last 2 years because of numbers and they used Freshman players some last year to help get them some more experience.

Something seems fishy in Taylor Mill behind the reasoning they would cancel a JV game. I think it might have to do with back to back days of a possible lopsided scoring afair but I could be wrong.:laugh::laugh:

Can't understand why Scott would cancel a JV game it really can't be about numbers can it All I heard at the beginning of the year is how Scott's numbers increased this year and more kids came out to play because of the new coaching staff all I know is Scott cancelled no JV games the last 2 years because of numbers and they used Freshman players some last year to help get them some more experience.

Something seems fishy in Taylor Mill behind the reasoning they would cancel a JV game. I think it might have to do with back to back days of a possible lopsided scoring afair but I could be wrong.:laugh::laugh:

Wow, the natives are restless. I just hope they let us get out of there safely. I can honestly say now that I am happy that Casey got out of there. He is way too good of a person to get mixed up in all this. It sounds like more of the same that went on last year when they were calling for his head. I can't understand a program that at one point were winless for 4 straight seasons, feeling that they are going to get a quick fix and emerge as this great playoff team, being in no doubt one of the toughest districts in KY or in any of the 6 classes. Some of the talk last year was baffling. I will stay on point. I am disappointed that they have decided to take their ball and stay home on Saturday. Guess that means that all the JV will have to get their reps on Friday. This is, however, not fair to some people. Now the Frosh who were playing on JV don't get any playing time this weekend, unless Dale wants to let them dress for Friday. I just think its a shame.