Arrez Henderson

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being academically ineligible is a far cry from being arrested multiple times. These two kids should not be mentioned in the same sentence....

Totally agree. Arrez is a good kid, hard worker, and keeps himself out of trouble. Cincinnati State will have to due for this year. Next year I am sure he will transfer out into a much bigger school. Best of luck to him and his future!

The individual that you can compare it to is Austin Hill. Austin was being recruited by a number of Division I schools but was unable to reach the academic levels that he needed to get admitted.

Does anyone have any updates on Austin Hill and how he did this past year at school? I hope that he is doing well and will get a chance to earn his degree!

I mean is this another example that some of our schools are more concerned about the talent the student can provide on the court rather their education.

This had nothing to do with Holmes high school other than not having him prepared completly for the ACT, which happens at a lot of high schools just not Holmes.

I mean is this another example that some of our schools are more concerned about the talent the student can provide on the court rather their education.
So is it the school's fault? Don't individuals have to be accountable at some point for their academic performance?

So is it the school's fault? Don't individuals have to be accountable at some point for their academic performance?

All that can be is speculation. I believe schools in general do not do enough to help students with their ACT. They are too worried about CATS testing scores, which doesn't really benefit a junior or senior. But that being said a school can't go take a students' ACT for him.

Being academically ineligible is a far cry from being arrested multiple times. These two kids should not be mentioned in the same sentence....

You misunderstood my post or maybe I didnt make it clear enough. I meant to show that Duran was another D-1 athlete with a scholly who did not get the opportunity to fullfill it. I certainly wasnt trying to equate Duran to Arrez as they are probably exact opposites.

Sorry if you thought I was comparing his inability to play with Duran's poor decision making.

In general terms schools can't be everything to every student. The students and their parents need to take the lion's share of blame for most poor academic performances.

As far as the ACT goes, allegedly Henderson took it once but it wasn't all his own work so he took it again and scored much lower and therefore was rule ineligible.

In general terms schools can't be everything to every student. The students and their parents need to take the lion's share of blame for most poor academic performances.

As far as the ACT goes, allegedly Henderson took it once but it wasn't all his own work so he took it again and scored much lower and therefore was rule ineligible.

How in the world isn't an ACT all of your own work?