Metallica - Death Magnetic

halfback20

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on avoiding this like the plague, but after reading these two posts in this thread, I'm curious now.

"That Was Just Your Life" 7:08

"The End of the Line" 7:52

"Broken, Beat & Scarred" 6:25

"The Day That Never Comes" 7:56

"All Nightmare Long" 7:57

"Cyanide" 6:39

"The Unforgiven III" 7:46

"The Judas Kiss" 8:00

"Suicide & Redemption" 9:57

"My Apocalypse" 5:01

Just off the bat, I like the running times, I already HATE the idea of ANOTHER take on Unforgiven. Can we just move on????

I can hopefully give my two cents in a few minutes.

Listening to The Unforgiven III now...so far so good. This album is much much better than St. Anger. I can't stress that enough. :lol:

At this point listening to two cats yowl in heat for 71 and half minutes would be better than every album they have put out since the Black album.

That's what made the first four albums darn near perfect is each song went on forever and gave each member of the band to shine in each song. Granted, you only had what seemed like 8 or 9 songs on each album, but it worked.

I'm very anxious to listen to this, I guess I'm about 3 minutes or so away from starting. :lol:

The Unforgiven III? That actually intrigues me. How is it?

I only listened to the first 2 or 3 minutes of each song.

This does bring back memories of those first four Metallica albums, WOW!

Maybe it's because I don't listen to them anymore, but this is an amazing album. Of course there are negatives:

Track 4, The Day That Never Comes has NO BUSINESS on this album, awful, awful.

Track 7, Unforgiven 3, while it isn't awful, like track 4 it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If this album only had the other 8, it would be darn near perfect. Unless I missed something Suicide and Redemption is a 10 minute instrumental jam session.

Completely and totally surprised. Where was this the last 18 years??

I only listened to the first 2 or 3 minutes of each song.

This does bring back memories of those first four Metallica albums, WOW!

Maybe it's because I don't listen to them anymore, but this is an amazing album. Of course there are negatives:

Track 4, The Day That Never Comes has NO BUSINESS on this album, awful, awful.

Track 7, Unforgiven 3, while it isn't awful, like track 4 it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If this album only had the other 8, it would be darn near perfect. Unless I missed something Suicide and Redemption is a 10 minute instrumental jam session.

Completely and totally surprised. Where was this the last 18 years??

WHAT? That is my favorite one. The last 3 or 4 minutes of that song are intense man.