Bell/Harlan Co. JV Predictions

Krack Back

Sounds like Dudley's not taking this one to serious.

He will take it just as serious as any other JV game and the same as any other JV team. No one wants to lose these and I don't know any good coach that starts their starters for varsity on the JV team unless they just need some tune up. I keep getting the feeling that everyone from Bell County keeps emphasizing that this doesn't mean anything and they are not going to take it serious. I bet those JV players are going to take it serious. This is not an IMPORTANT game in the long run, however, both teams I'm sure will be bringing thier A games, with or without some of the better players.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever plays in this game will be going 100 mph and it will matter to these kids who wins. I think that both coaches want to get a win in this game, Larkey to let his team know that they can compete with the best and for Hilton to keep the kids from HC from thinking that they are up to Bell's level.

Whoever plays in this game will be going 100 mph and it will matter to these kids who wins. I think that both coaches want to get a win in this game, Larkey to let his team know that they can compete with the best and for Hilton to keep the kids from HC from thinking that they are up to Bell's level.

Well said and exactly my point. This is not just your average JV game, and yes I've seen Dudley start Freshman and Sophmores in JV games in the past that started Varsity which makes it all the more suprising that he's not in this one.

You guys have to stop and think about the Soph's that only play varsity for these two teams.

Meaning? There are a few Sophmores that start Varsity that could make a huge impact on this game, at least on Bell's side, I know of that won't be playing tonight.

Where do Madon and Mills play?

It sounds like both teams will have about the same number of top players sitting out.

Madon doesn't start for varsity, sees playing time at safety though. Will most likely be your starter at QB, Mills is back and forth between DB, LB, and DE, I wouldn't expect to see him. Just a reminder though, the Bell Co. freshman team from last year was undefeated, and steam rolled everyone, my guess is, nearly all of last years freshman team, minus Carton and Hilton will be on the field, and also with Cory Davenport in the backfield thats a threat for 6 anytime he touches the ball. Cant wait to hear the outcome of this one :ylsuper:

Madon doesn't start for varsity, sees playing time at safety though. Will most likely be your starter at QB, Mills is back and forth between DB, LB, and DE, I wouldn't expect to see him. Just a reminder though, the Bell Co. freshman team from last year was undefeated, and steam rolled everyone, my guess is, nearly all of last years freshman team, minus Carton and Hilton will be on the field, and also with Cory Davenport in the backfield thats a threat for 6 anytime he touches the ball. Cant wait to hear the outcome of this one :ylsuper:

Mills only plays DE.

I know off the top of my head that John Dudley Hilton, Ben Madon, and Taylor Mills all start varsity that are sophomores. And Cory Davenport plays a lot and hes a freshmen, and Dominic Carton is still out. There maybe some more though.

Madon, Mills, Davenport and Carton all had touchdowns as Bell won 32-14. I guess Bell took it seriously. Was Hilton the only sophomore/freshmen not to play?

Madon, Mills, Davenport and Carton all had touchdowns as Bell won 32-14. I guess Bell took it seriously. Was Hilton the only sophomore/freshmen not to play?

:lol: That's what I was thinking. It was good to see some of the younger Bears get a chance to play and work on their game.

Right off, I think Scotty Henderson, Josh Brown, Dominic Carton, Ben Madon, Dean Clark, and Cody Davenport where the soph.'s that played, I may have left one or two out. This is just what I saw. I think the Davenport kid is the only one that starts varsity sometimes. Depends on how the offense opens up for the varsity if he starts or not. Maybe someone else saw another soph?

So I guess you think they didnt take it seriously? :mad:

I thought Bell took it VERY seriously. As I said, it was good to see some of the younger Bears get a chance to play and improve their game. We get to see the varsity play on Fridays. I like these Freshmen and JV games.