Dream or Redeem?

thegooch

Dream Team or Redeem Team? Which one wins in a matchup?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Dream Team or Redeem Team? Which one wins in a matchup?

Absolutely. Not even close. MOST of the Dream Team are top 50 NBA players - all time.

I agree with you that that the Dream Team is better...However, I don't think you can say that by your logic. Because if they did a new Top 50 players when this was said and done...several from the Dream Team would fall out because they would be replaced by guys on this team.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that that the Dream Team is better...However, I don't think you can say that by your logic. Because if they did a new Top 50 players when this was said and done...several from the Dream Team would fall out because they would be replaced by guys on this team.

I think the original Dream Team would kill this current team. Just my opinion, of course.

At this point the only one's I see on that top 50 would be: Kobe, Lebron, and maybe Dwayne Wade at some point.

Versus: MJ, Bird, Magic, David Robinson, Pippen and Drexler (?) who made that cut.

At this point the only one's I see on that top 50 would be: Kobe, Lebron, and maybe Dwayne Wade at some point.

Versus: MJ, Bird, Magic, David Robinson, Pippen and Drexler (?) who made that cut.

At this point in time, Wade would not make the cut. He could eventually but right now.

Lebron and Kobe they would definitely be on there.

So you are right in the fact that the Dream Team has more top players. Several of the best of all time.

First off this is impossible to justify saying one would easily beat the other for any reason. Who cares how much the DT won by? Nobody was as good then as these teams are now. I think the RT has more players who haven't reached the status that they will become. Kobe has a chance to be considered one of the 2 or 3 best players ever and LBJ has a chance to become the best player ever. DWade if healthy is going to be great. Howard and Bosh are only getting better. Paul and Williams have a chance to become the greatest point guard ever. This team as constructed right now is good. In 2 years they would be even better. Jordan and Bird would probably have willed the DT to a series win, but in a 1 game setting who knows. Problem is it's 16 years apart and will never happen, so why get worked up? I know I personally am enjoying watch this team a whole bunch.

Anyone who would choose Kobe over MJ didn't see MJ enough.

First off this is impossible to justify saying one would easily beat the other for any reason. Who cares how much the DT won by? Nobody was as good then as these teams are now. I think the RT has more players who haven't reached the status that they will become. Kobe has a chance to be considered one of the 2 or 3 best players ever and LBJ has a chance to become the best player ever. DWade if healthy is going to be great. Howard and Bosh are only getting better. Paul and Williams have a chance to become the greatest point guard ever. This team as constructed right now is good. In 2 years they would be even better. Jordan and Bird would probably have willed the DT to a series win, but in a 1 game setting who knows. Problem is it's 16 years apart and will never happen, so why get worked up? I know I personally am enjoying watch this team a whole bunch.

Anyone who would choose Kobe over MJ didn't see MJ enough.

:thumb:

Or 6? :sssh:

How could I forget that last one!:thumb:

Here are Jordans Career Awards and Stats:

6x NBA Champion (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)

5x NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)

14x NBA All-Star (1985-1993, 1996-1998, 2002-2003)

6x NBA Finals MVP (1991-1993, 1996-1998)

1x NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)

10x All-NBA First Team Selection (1987-1993, 1996-1998)

1x All-NBA Second Team Selection (1985)

9x NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1988-1993, 1996-1998)

1985 NBA Rookie of the Year

1985 NBA All-Rookie Team

3x NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)

2x NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1987, 1988)

NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team

Points 32,292

Rebound 6,672

Assists 5,633

When Kobe hits these, then we can all talk about it.