Israel mulls military option for Iran

There is nothing courageous about deliberately butchering innocent, defenseless victims. Your repeated defense of terrorism is inexcusable, IMO, but if you cannot already distinguish between innocent victims and the evils of terrorism, I cannot help you see the light.

I consider the Palestinian independence movement a revolutionary group. A group who is seeking to create their own independent nation. The means in which they go about that revolution really cannot be questioned because every burgeoning nation has hurt innocents in their revolutions. It's not a good thing, but its going to happen.

Groups like Al-Qaeda, KKK, and other groups do not seek independence, they only seek to further their agenda of hate; that is never acceptable nor supportable.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is what scares me the most....A war with Iran would be winnable, but a war with Iran in which Russia sides with Iran...that scares me.

Russia likes to flex their muscles, but unless they want the world to end, siding with anyone but the US would not be in their best interests. Say they do successfully wipe us of the face of the earth. Well the rest of the world would be in shambles without our financial aid as well as other supplies we help other countries out with. Plus you would be ridding the world of the largest country of yearly imports. We love stuff from other countries, wiping the US off the map would only be a moral victory for Russia....

Russia likes to flex their muscles, but unless they want the world to end, siding with anyone but the US would not be in their best interests. Say they do successfully wipe us of the face of the earth. Well the rest of the world would be in shambles without our financial aid as well as other supplies we help other countries out with. Plus you would be ridding the world of the largest country of yearly imports. We love stuff from other countries, wiping the US off the map would only be a moral victory for Russia....

Not that I disagree or anything but, the world got along good long before we came along.

Look at it this way. Say that we were Britain at the time....Wouldn't you be disgusted how these upstart Americans are going around killing representatives of the crown. I am sure that the Sons of Liberty or other revolution groups had their fair taste of butchering the innocent. You have romanticized are revolution; to the point in which you believe that anything done during that revolution was "courageous" no matter what action was preformed. Oppression is the source of revolution! We were oppressed and we rebelled; the Palestinians feel oppressed so they are rebelling. Why should we go make them go through the civil way of revolution, when we certainly did not follow all the rules of revolution that existed at that time(if there were any).

Sometimes I don't think you even believe a lot of the stuff you say....:lol:

How can you possibly compare terrorists to the American Revolution?

Sometimes I don't think you even believe a lot of the stuff you say....:lol:

How can you possibly compare terrorists to the American Revolution?

See you don't understand...I don't consider Hamas a terrorist organization. I consider them a revolutionary force, trying to secure an independence for Palestine. They are not unlike groups like the Sons of Liberty and other colonial organizations who I very well assume were considered terrorists by Britain.

We need to stop romanticizing our own revolution and realize that we did our fair share of terrorism and guerrilla warfare to achieve such independence.

See you don't understand...I don't consider Hamas a terrorist organization. I consider them a revolutionary force, trying to secure an independence for Palestine. They are not unlike groups like the Sons of Liberty and other colonial organizations who I very well assume were considered terrorists by Britain.

We need to stop romanticizing our own revolution and realize that we did our fair share of terrorism and guerrilla warfare to achieve such independence.

Their listed as a terrorist organization by half the countries in the world but you see them as only a revolutinary force. :rolleyes:

Their listed as a terrorist organization by half the countries in the world but you see them as only a revolutinary force. :rolleyes:

The British only list the military wing as a terrorist organization. You say tomato, and I say tomato.

Take it for what it is worth, but Mahmoud al-Zahar said in an interview he doesn't hate Jews, his only enemy is the Israeli occupation was his enemy.

ONCE AGAIN I DO NOT SUPPORT THE MURDER OF INNOCENTS

But for One one moment I ask you to set aside your preconceived notions on the Palestinian Liberation Movement and think about this for one second... How would you feel if one day someone came into your house and said that since their family lived on the land it sat on 40 years ago, that they were entitled to live in the house. But as a show of fairness they allowed you to live in the very corner of the backyard....

Edited by thegooch

The British only list the military wing as a terrorist organization. You say tomato, and I say tomato.

Take it for what it is worth, but Mahmoud al-Zahar said in an interview he doesn't hate Jews, his only enemy is the Israeli occupation was his enemy.

But for One one moment I ask you to set aside your preconceived notions on the Palestinian Liberation Movement and think about this for one second... How would you feel if one day someone came into your house and said that since their family lived on the land it sat on 40 years ago, that they were entitled to live in the house. But as a show of fairness they allowed you to live in the very corner of the backyard....

By comparing the tactics of Hamas and Hezbollah to the Americans who waged our Revolutionary War you are supporting the murder of innocents because that is the primary military tactic used by those organization. You cannot support the "troops" of Hamas without supporting their tactics.

The distinction that you seem to struggle to understand (or at least admit) between terrorists like Hamas and patriots like our forefathers is that Hamas' main battle tactic is terror, including kidnapping, torture, and the slaughter of innocent civilians.

Every war has its share of atrocities where combatants kill innocent people in the heat and confusion of battle. Civilized societies do not deliberately target innocent people to incite terror, even in wartime.

Terrorist orgainizations like Hamas and Hezbollah members deliberately plan and execute terrorist attacks on the most defenseless civilians it can find. Not only that, they hide behind women and children and even resort to using the mentally deficient to carry out suicide attacks. However, I assume that, being Muslims, The only thing positive that I can say about Hamas and Hezbollah is that they do not abort their own innocent unborn children. However, once born, the children of Hamas quickly just become additional tools of terror.

How would you feel if one day someone came into your house and said that since their family lived on the land it sat on 40 years ago, that they were entitled to live in the house. But as a show of fairness they allowed you to live in the very corner of the backyard....

Not good, but I would not send a retarded cousin down to the bus stop with a bomb strapped to his chest. Israel has said on many occasions they would withdraw from many of the disputed areas once the terrorist attacks stop. The problem is that even when the leaders in Palestine agree there is always some faction that strikes at Israel, knowing the Israel will retaliate. They do this not for peace but to ensure there is no peace with Israel. A terrorist is like those people that post on sites that let you change your name every time you post something, they are a bunch of blow hard cowards.

Not that I disagree or anything but, the world got along good long before we came along.

Yea before the internet, and before other countries had invested literally trillions of dollars into the US, including China. As long as ego's don't get out of hand, a logically thinking, and well educated government would be hurting the world economy by striking the US, the same could be said about China as well.

I know the history books often leave out the best parts however I just can't believe our soldiers a couple hundred years ago going on suicide bombings that killed woman and children......

I consider the Palestinian independence movement a revolutionary group. A group who is seeking to create their own independent nation. The means in which they go about that revolution really cannot be questioned because every burgeoning nation has hurt innocents in their revolutions. It's not a good thing, but its going to happen.

Groups like Al-Qaeda, KKK, and other groups do not seek independence, they only seek to further their agenda of hate; that is never acceptable nor supportable.

Palestine would have had their independence many years ago, but they are unwilling to compromise on land, they want more than IMO their "fair share". What I find intriguing is how that many of the other surrounding Muslim nations have allowed the Palestineans to live in squalor for the most part, when they could have financed them just as easily as we have financed Israel. IMO those nations choose to have the Palestineans in the position they are to continue their own justification for their hatred of Jewish people.

If you feel that Hamas and Hezbollah are so closely related to our own Revolution. I would think you would find it prudent to get over there asap. Our forefathers gave us the liberties and freedoms we have today. You shouldn't be so selfish as to not help other people gain the same things. Ill buy your plane ticket. One Way.