Israel mulls military option for Iran

If you feel that Hamas and Hezbollah are so closely related to our own Revolution. I would think you would find it prudent to get over there asap. Our forefathers gave us the liberties and freedoms we have today. You shouldn't be so selfish as to not help other people gain the same things. Ill buy your plane ticket. One Way.

No need, I am working on getting a pre-med internship helping both Israeli and Palestinian civilians next summer.I am sure they will help pay for the plane ticket.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether we like it or not, our own history is not free of terrorist activity. "Wounded Knee" comes to mind. It makes me think of a t-shirt that I once saw that had various Native American chiefs and shamans, such as Sitting Bull, Red Cloud and Geronimo, depicted. The wording went "Fighting Terrorism since 1492."

No need, I am working on getting a pre-med internship helping both Israeli and Palestinian civilians next summer.I am sure they will help pay for the plane ticket.
Good luck in distinguishing between Palestinian "civilians" and Palestinian terrorists.

So we no longer have the right nor the obligation to stand against terrorism because there are acts in our own past that could be construed as such?

If you are using my post as a stepping stone for this question, that is not what I said. I simply stated, in response to previous statements made, that our history is not free from using terrorism to achieve a desired outcome. We can't stand and say that we have no blemishes on our record.

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed how pervasively the word terrorism has entered our general lexicon? And it's used pretty generically, to not only promote and justify a great many things, but to restrict others as well. Terrorism is the new Communism.

If you are using my post as a stepping stone for this question, that is not what I said. I simply stated, in response to previous statements made, that our history is not free from using terrorism to achieve a desired outcome. We can't stand and say that we have no blemishes on our record.

Then how is your statement relevant? I have never mistreated a Native American in my whole life. Do you think I should feel ashamed or that I have no right to condemn terrorism because of something that some long-dead ancestor may have done?

I once heard someone say that freedom is born of "terrorism". I am not a supporter of driving buses into buildings or the killing of innocents. But if we were not for terrorism, would our great country even be a country. Had we not terrorized Mother Britain when she occupied the colonies;would we be the same America we were today. I see the Palestinians war for freedom and their own country, sort of like our American revolution.

Then how is your statement relevant? I have never mistreated a Native American in my whole life. Do you think I should feel ashamed or that I have no right to condemn terrorism because of something that some long-dead ancestor may have done?

I am responding to another poster's comments.

You make massive leaps in your assumptions here. I think it is relevant to realize that our country has not been exempt from committing terrorist activities in our past. It is dangerous to think that our country is "perfect."

I am responding to another poster's comments.

You make massive leaps in your assumptions here. I think it is relevant to realize that our country has not been exempt from committing terrorist activities in our past. It is dangerous to think that our country is "perfect."

Although I'm extremely proud to be a part of this great country, I don't recall saying it was perfect and I don't think praising her is the equivalent of ignoring all her faults. I therefore don't understand the need to be constantly reminded that it's not perfect. While it's noble to strive for perfection, it's also OK to be proud of what we have accomplished already.

Although I'm extremely proud to be a part of this great country, I don't recall saying it was perfect and I don't think praising her is the equivalent of ignoring all her faults. I therefore don't understand the need to be constantly reminded that it's not perfect. While it's noble to strive for perfection, it's also OK to be proud of what we have accomplished already.

Sure. It's also okay to realize that we have made some pretty terrible mistakes.

Nowhere did I say that you said it was perfect. I wasn't even replying to your post in the original thread. I didn't say or do any of the things that you have posted here, so I don't know why you are making this so personal.